Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? (/showthread.php?tid=125744)

What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - cjs - 08-21-2011

What's of the menu for everyone today?

I so want to get out and grill, but I've got things thawed that aren't grillable. One thing I'm doing isC@H's injected chicken again. We really loved it before.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - Lorraine - 08-21-2011

Not a clue. If we make it back up to the winery today, I'll bring home leftovers. We did a Pasta
station, with 3 sauces, Puttanesca, Pesto, and Burro & Formaggio. There's also pork loin, and chicken scampi, brussel sprouts with bacon and pecans, and haricot verts in roasted garlic, jambalaqya fritters, and mini crab cakes. If we don't get there, it will be scrambled eggs. .

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - BarbaraS - 08-21-2011

Just some gnocchi and meatballs.

Barbara

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - DFen911 - 08-21-2011

PIZZA!! We're having some cooler weather so it's ok to turn the oven on to 500 degrees.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - piano226 - 08-21-2011

Pasta with creamy clam sauce and a caesar salad

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - cjs - 08-21-2011

Just took the injected chix out out of the oven - oh my, does it smell good. I thought I had a 2nd can of peach nectar, but it turned out to be apricot nectar - tastes great!

We've been sampling all day, so probably no 'formal' dinner today.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - labradors - 08-21-2011

Quote:

I thought I had a 2nd can of peach nectar, but it turned out to be apricot nectar - tastes great!

Actually, I would like the apricot better.

Now THERE's a question for people in different parts of the country/world: Which pronunciation do you use - "APE-ri-cot" or "APP-ri-cot"?

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - Trixxee - 08-21-2011

APP-ri-cot here! That't the way Carly Simon says it in one of favorite songs.

We are back from campin and non-stop grilling so it's spaghetti and meatballs tonight!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - cjs - 08-21-2011

"APE-ri-cot"

(there is an 'R' in Warshington, too)

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/21?? - Mare749 - 08-21-2011

APP-ri-cot here, although I'm used to hearing it pronounced the other way as well.

We were out all afternoon so needed something quick and easy. Wings on the grill with Ron's made-up version of BBQ sauce, steamed jasmine rice and stir-fried fresh vegs.

Ron's wing-sauce recipe
1/4 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce
1 tsp. hot chili garlic sauce