Cuisine at home Forums
OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! (/showthread.php?tid=125846)

OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - BarbaraS - 08-23-2011

It shook the building I'm in for like 15 seconds. They say it started 34 miles NW of Richmond and was 3.7 miles deep.

Lorraine, you okay?

Barbara

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - esgunn - 08-23-2011

I was just reading about it, hope all are ok.

There was a fairly large one in Colorado this morning too. I had no idea there were quakes in that area.

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - Harborwitch - 08-23-2011

Quote:

It shook the building I'm in for like 15 seconds. They say it started 34 miles NW of Richmond and was 3.7 miles deep.

Lorraine, you okay?

Barbara

I hope everyone back there is okay.

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-23-2011

I was just wondering about Lorraine. I hope you are all okay!

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - BarbaraS - 08-23-2011

Sharon,

It was just kind of scary, and being that it was from so far away, I can't even imagine what the residents of Virginia felt.

I experienced one when I was a kid living in PA that woke me up in the wee hours of the morning. But actually seeing the huge glass walls of my office building shake and quiver like they did almost made me evacuate in a different way than the rest of my co-workers.

Barbara

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - cjs - 08-23-2011

As I said in the Irene thread - I really think God is annoyed with us.

Stay safe everyone!

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - Lorraine - 08-23-2011

We're ok, shaken, but ok. I have never, ever, been that scared. Spent a few hours cleaning up. Lots of pictures off the wall, the spare room lookes like, gee, an earthquake went thru here. The pantry looks like everything jumped off the shelves. My big glass cookie jars on top of the fridge all fell and broke into a million glass shards, all on the cheap kitchen carpet. But, we're ok.

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - cjs - 08-23-2011

Wow, glad you're all o.k., tho, Lorraine. Been in lots of quakes, but never one bad enough to break anything. Just knick knacks jumping around the shelves.

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - BarbaraS - 08-23-2011

Great to hear you're okay!! They say it went up the Appalachian Mountain Range like a bell ringing out.

Whew!

Barbara

Re: OT - OMG, We Just Had An Earthquake! - Mare749 - 08-23-2011

Glad to hear that Barbara and Lorraine are okay. Lorraine, that sounds like quite a mess you have on your hands there, but I'm glad you were not hurt.