Cuisine at home Forums
What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? (/showthread.php?tid=125894)

What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - cjs - 08-24-2011

What's on the menu for everyone today?

We had to trade Wednesdays with my aunt, so today we're off to the big city and shopping/lunch with Aunt Marjean. Dinner? good question. a quick trip to Trader Joes also - need more sparkling saki; it's so good!!

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Harborwitch - 08-24-2011

I'm off work today. We've got to run to town after Bob plays golf with the Gangsome.

I have everything I need for the truffle potato dish. It was crazy - one of the farmers said they were in the middle of digging Yukon Golds - but they were 5.00 for a 1 lb. bag. I waited until the new ones hit the store. Now I'm trying to decide on chicken or pork to go with.

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Trixxee - 08-24-2011

Simple comfort food - pork tenderloin, noodles & gravy, steamed carrots. Again, using pantry items (noodles, gravy mix).

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - HomeCulinarian - 08-24-2011

Tomatoes are in abundance... That's where I'm starting my plan!

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Lorraine - 08-24-2011

I want to go to Trixxee's.

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Mare749 - 08-24-2011

Veggie burgers (my own recipe)on whole wheat buns with a big slice of fresh tomato and corn on the cob. The local corn is fabulous and we never seem to get tired or it.

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - esgunn - 08-24-2011

Well, last night was a change in plans, we had C@H Indian stuffed chicken breasts with the Curry Beurr blanc. It was soooog good. I love that recipe.

Tonight is the C@H Schnitzel. Yummmmm

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Trixxee - 08-24-2011

Quote:

I want to go to Trixxee's.

I want to go back in time to Erin's house last night.

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-24-2011

That is a good one, Erin.

After a rough. Day yesterday, I opted for comfort food, as well. It's country fried steak in gravy, madness and peas.

Re: What's For Dinner Wednesday, 8/24?? - cjs - 08-24-2011

"Again, using pantry items" - good for you, Trixxee!! I forgot to pick mine out on Monday. will do it now.

I'm surprised - going thru my pantry, I really don't have that much 'stuff' that I don't know what to do with. Good for me. But, I do have a container of this - and I don't know what I bought it for. No problem using it, but I just haven't.

[Image: 180px-Mayonnaise_Kewpie_Japanese.jpg]

some dressings and sandwiches are in our future I think.