Cuisine at home Forums
What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage (/showthread.php?tid=126041)

What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - cjs - 08-27-2011

A soft, spicy hot spreadable salumi considered to be one of the most famous if not the most famous of typical Calabrian foods.

Here are a few pictures of it - but, I can't find a recipe for it.....yet! Will keeep looking. Sounds interesting.
[Image: 250px-Nduja.jpg]

[Image: nduja.jpg]

[Image: Nudja.jpg]
What is nduja? Nduja is a soft, spicy hot, spreadable salami considered one of the most famous, if not the most famous, of typical calabrian foods. Nduja originates from Spilinga, though great nduja can be found in all areas of Monte Poro. The name nduja comes from the french word “andouille”, which means “sausage”. Nduja is made with pork meat, a bit of fat, salt and a lot of red pepper. In general, nduja is extremely spicy. However, for those less adventuresome souls, a less spicy version can sometimes be found (just ask). Nduja is often considered an aphrodisiac due to all of the red pepper inside, and is also great for the heart and tastes wonderful.

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - Mare749 - 08-27-2011

No, can't say I have but now I'm curious about it so will write down the name and look for it at the West Side Market.

Sounds/looks HOT, Jean!

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - Gourmet_Mom - 08-27-2011

Sounds and looks good Jean!

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - DFen911 - 08-28-2011

Oh this is gonna be interesting can't to see what you find. Have you found any place you can buy the sausages themselves?

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - labradors - 08-28-2011

Quote:

What is Nduja?

Gee. I thought it was the name of one of the latest supermodels.

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - cjs - 08-28-2011

I'm going to call Central market

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - pjcooks - 08-28-2011

Looks yummy,nice idea for a different app. I have no idea where I'd find it around here. Perhaps my Boston based BIL would have a clue.

PJ

Re: What is Nduja? - Have Anyone Heard of This Sausage - cjs - 08-28-2011

Let's all try and see where we can get some.