Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? (/showthread.php?tid=126334)

What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - cjs - 09-03-2011

What's on the menu today?

Duck for us - probably some Soft Duck Tacos with Tomatillo salsa (a neighbor that I had given some tomatillos to brought down some salsa last night. Man, is it good!) Or, Curried duck and Mango Sandwiches... hmmmmmm

Also, making some smoked honey ice cream. That honey has the nicest flavor.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - HomeCulinarian - 09-03-2011

We have a crazy day ahead of us and I won't be cooking! Son is home to usher for his boyhood friend's wedding this afternoon. We are also invited. We'll leave the reception early to attend a farewell party for a colleague/friend and then some friends are having a party to initiate their new deck. Don't usually have to balance so many invitations on the same day!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - Trixxee - 09-03-2011

We were going to go to our favorite beach with my sister's family one more time this season but the waves are just way too out of control. Yesterday there were some 20 foot faces. Pros only should be in the water.

So they're coming here instead. Kids can play in the pool while we drink pina coladas. I've got two flank steaks marinating, grilled asparagus and baked scalloped potatoes (cheated on this - they are from Costco). They are bringing shrimp cocktails for an appetizer.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-03-2011

Wow! Jeanette, you've got a fun filled day ahead of you! You too, Trixxee!

I don't have a clue. Hopefully, I'll find inspiration!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - farnfam - 09-03-2011

Was expecting cold and windy so planned a chix/broccoli alfredo dinner for a visit from my friend bringing her new beau over for inspection Now it is warm and lovely, so still going with the pasta, but hope the rain holds off and we can enjoy one more party on the deck
Big decion: Zin or Pinot Grigio

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - Trixxee - 09-03-2011

That's easy Cis - both!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - cjs - 09-03-2011

took the words right out of my mouth!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - farnfam - 09-03-2011

Why didn't I think of that!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - luvnit - 09-03-2011

My hubby and kids left yesterday afternoon to go to my inlaws. Tonight they are going to a Booyah (an annual event on their lake).

I have been busy getting things ready for school. My kids will be taking a healthier cold lunch this year. I have organized my fridge and pantry to accomodate this AND made everything accessible to them at their level so they can be as independent as possible.

What is for dinner tonight? A glass, or three of Merlot. CheersSmile

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 9/3?? - DFen911 - 09-03-2011

It's Saturday, it's hot that can only mean one thing...it's grilling time! Ribeyes and some squash with red onions

Laura you are an inspiration! I really need to go thru my pantry and reorganize which make it a perfect time to do Jeans project of cooking something in our pantry that we haven't used yet.