Cuisine at home Forums
Dinner, Sat. 0/10 or 9/10?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Dinner, Sat. 0/10 or 9/10?? (/showthread.php?tid=126564)

Dinner, Sat. 0/10 or 9/10?? - cjs - 09-10-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today.

Since I haven't had a chance to play with my new grill, I'm going to grill something. Probably not pizza...

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - Trixxee - 09-10-2011

I'm making a pork tenderloin with a cranberry-balsamic sauce. Broccoli and not sure what else - maybe just some buttered noodles.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - Gourmet_Mom - 09-10-2011

I'm not sure. William is talking about staying another night at the farm, so I may just dig something out of the freezer. I DO have 12 new cans of Jersey tomatoes. I may try a little vodka sauce and have a salad. Actually, that sounds like a plan!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - losblanos1 - 09-10-2011

My wife is out of town on her yearly ladies weekend, so it's boyfood for me tonight. The recipe is called Essential steak. It's a pan fried NY strip steak with sauteed shallots, balsamic vinegar reduction and topped with bleu cheese.
So simple, yet so delicious! I forgot what issue of C@H this is from. I may make sweet potato fries as a side, but I don't know, that steak is pretty big.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - esgunn - 09-10-2011

I think it will be the chicken basil burgers. I will probably use ground turkey though.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - BarbaraS - 09-10-2011

Filets with a Cranberry Port Wine sauce.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - losblanos1 - 09-10-2011

A couple of tips for this recipe. I chopped the basil and mixed the basil mayonnaise in a bowl, eliminating the need for a food processor. I used French bread in lieu of Italian, and the thickness that you cut it is your choice, the recipe had no suggestion.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - Mare749 - 09-10-2011

It's so nice to have a new man on board! Labs and Old Bay are the only guys who post regularly any more and it's always fun to hear their point of view.

For dinner tonight, I took out a package of smoked pork shoulder, so probably just sandwiches and a salad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - DFen911 - 09-10-2011

What month is 0 btw?

We're gonna grill ribs

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 0/10 - Gourmet_Mom - 09-10-2011

LOL! I just noticed that, Denise!