Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? (/showthread.php?tid=126789)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - cjs - 09-16-2011

Whew, everyone made it thru another week! Must have been a rough one for the teachers, Daphne - you're exhausted and Karyn hasn't even been on this week, has she?

So, what's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're doing a Costco run, so will probably ruin our dinners somewhere...

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - Mare749 - 09-16-2011

The weather took a turn and it's cold today, so I'm making soup. Have a nice pot of homemade chicken broth waiting, so just trying to decide what it's going to be. May just start cutting up veggies and finish it with a scoop of orzo.

Just noticed there are 56 anon users online right now. Sure wish some of you would stop in and say hello!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - piano226 - 09-16-2011

HI

Green Tomato soup and leftover scallops with israeli couscous

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - cjs - 09-16-2011

Hey stranger - good to see you!!

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - Lorraine - 09-16-2011

Quote:

The weather took a turn and it's cold today

Here too, it dropped 30 degrees in a day. I took the leftover chicken in garlic sauce off the bones. I think I'll turn it into a soup, or serve it over pasta.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - Trixxee - 09-16-2011

Thank god it's Friday is right! I think I'm going to try my hand at country fried steak, gravy, biscuits and corn.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - Mare749 - 09-16-2011

Quote:

HI

Green Tomato soup and leftover scallops with israeli couscous

I have never seen a recipe for green tomato soup. Is it a Cuisine recipe?

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - losblanos1 - 09-16-2011

Tonight I'm making cornflake crusted pork nuggets with Mojo glaze. My daughter dropped off some corn that she grew, so I might make Maque Choux with it, but then again, just regular old corn on the cob (slathered with butter* and salt) sounds pretty good also.

* I can not believe it's not butter.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - piano226 - 09-16-2011

Green tomato soup is not a cuisine at home recipe. I found it a few years ago and we fell in love with the soup expecially when I have 137 heirloom tomato plants in the garden.

The recipe is super easy...and it basically goes like this
Chop an onion . Stir fry in a little bit of oil until light golden color. Add some kind of a smoked sausage. I always do either cocktail wieners or turkey polish sausage ( cut into small pieces). Add to the onions, Cut up a few green tomatoes , add to the mixture. Let it cook for 5-10 min. Add chicken broth and again let it simmer for 10 min or so.

Add sour cream to the bowls when serve.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/16? - cjs - 09-16-2011

now, doesn't that sound interesting! thanks, Marina - 137...geez and I have two paltry plants, but they are producing.