Cuisine at home Forums
50 Ideas Using Bacon - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: 50 Ideas Using Bacon (/showthread.php?tid=126847)

50 Ideas Using Bacon - cjs - 09-18-2011

This can't be a bad thing, can it???????????????

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes-and-cooking/50-things-to-make-with-bacon/index.html

And, me with no pork belly in the freezer.

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - Gourmet_Mom - 09-18-2011

WOW! What a great list! Thanks for sharing, Jean. I've got it marked for future reference.

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - labradors - 09-18-2011

51 - The bacon sandwich of my childhood: Four slices of cooked, not-too-crispy bacon, with a little bit of ketchup between two slices of toast.

Don't know how I got started on those. My mom made them before I ever began cooking anything and I still love them to this day. (...and now, having mentioned them, I want one!)

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - cjs - 09-18-2011

I felt the same way, Labs - I wasn't even thinking bacon until I read this!!

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - BarbaraS - 09-18-2011

Like I need more reasons to use bacon...

Thanks Jean!!

Barbara

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - Harborwitch - 09-18-2011

I just love the mornings when I get to fill the flat top with bacon - mmmmmmmmmm! I love that list Jean. I saw the most clever idea sugared (and spiced) bacon rolled around a sweet filling and deep fried. I have to go find the details (I think it was on the cooking channel). Kinda like a bacon bon bon.

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - cjs - 09-19-2011

oh my, we're all in trouble now, aren't we?

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - Harborwitch - 09-19-2011

I'll make that Wed.'s "day off (I hope)" mission to find that. I think we'll be in serious drippings.

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - Lorraine - 09-20-2011

Quote:

Four slices of cooked, not-too-crispy bacon, with a little bit of ketchup between two slices of toast

Thatr was a staple in my house when I was a kid. thanks, Jean!

Re: 50 Ideas Using Bacon - labradors - 09-20-2011

LOL! That was mine, Lorraine.

BTW, that's one where I would NOT change the ketchup for something else, now that I'm grown up (I know - that part is a matter of opinion). It sounds crazy, but the ketchup actually works with the bacon - just don't drown it.