Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? (/showthread.php?tid=127032)

What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - cjs - 09-24-2011

What's on the menu for everyone?

I'm thinking just a simple pepperoni and onion pizza.Unless, it's nice, then I might have to grill something long and slow.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Trixxee - 09-24-2011

Well, I never did use my chicken last night as we got chinese to go. So forget the asian dish I had in mind for it last night. Too much asian. So now it's vanilla cider chicken & pears, broccoli and wild grains with walnuts. Here are some pictures from Noble Pig but they stayed true to the recipe by using pork tenderloin.

http://noblepig.com/2009/11/04/vanilla-cider-pork-with-pears--walnut-wild-rice.aspx

Jean - it's cloudy and gloomy here but I think the sun will be out later. I'm enjoying it because it's only a matter of time before we get those awful super hot and dry Santana winds.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - cjs - 09-24-2011

Oh that's right, Trixxee - you are due for those soon, aren't you? O.K., I'll be happy with a little drizzle...maybe

change of plans for us - my neighbor wrenched her knee and is on crutches and they will starve if they depend on 'him' so making a couple of dishes to take over. (Where the h*ll are kids when something like this happpens?) ((Maryann's would never treat her like this....)

But, the reason I mention this is I'm making a dish from Share a Recipe that we all have loved over the years - Marlene's (DaCoook) taco pie. It smells so good in here!!! And, it's been so long. Roy said I'd better make enough for us or I'm in trouble. (it makes two!)

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Mare749 - 09-24-2011

Wow, thank you for the nice comment about my kids, Jean!

It's true, of course, but then my girls have always had a healthy appetite, (wonder where they got that from?) so decided that they better learn how to cook.

Dinner tonight will be grilled salmon and asian coleslaw.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Lorraine - 09-24-2011

Quote:

Maryann's would never treat her like this

No way would they do that, she treats them so good!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-25-2011

Maryann has the best kids! Wow, Jean! I'll have to check that one out! I don't think I've tried it. It sounds like something I'd like.

William made us burgers last night. I wasn't very hungry, but it was nice not to have to cook.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat.. 9/24?? - Mare749 - 09-25-2011

Thanks Daphne, I think you have some pretty terrific kids yourself! And a real sweetheart of a hubbie, too.