Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? (/showthread.php?tid=127208)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - cjs - 09-30-2011

Wow, the last day of another month!!! What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're making a Cash & Carry run, so will stop off at Silverdales Brewery Restaurant - it's so fun and good eating there.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Harborwitch - 09-30-2011

I have a beautiful piece of grassfed beef in the fridge that I think I'll put in a Asian marinade for the grill. I'm kinda craving some Asian - rice and . . . if I'm not working.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Mare749 - 09-30-2011

No idea, yet. We're headed to the West Side Market, so I'm sure something will look good.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Trixxee - 09-30-2011

Quote:

I have a beautiful piece of grassfed beef in the fridge that I think I'll put in a Asian marinade for the grill. I'm kinda craving some Asian - rice and . . . if I'm not working.

We did this the other night with a Vietnamese marinade (soy, sesame oil, ginger, sake, garlic). Very good.

Tonight I'm kind of off the hook because my husband's going to a hockey game. I may still make some pasta with some frozen meat sauce to save him from a high priced hot dog.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-30-2011

I picked up a piece of tenderloin and a potato. I've got salad in the fridge. But Asian with fried rice sure sounds good. Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think?

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - cjs - 09-30-2011

"Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think"- not if you have some chicken pieces thawed out. But, it's what 7:30 there? (it's 4:30 here)

Look what I found at Trader Joe's, haven't seen one of these for a couple years. Oh boy!
[Image: brusselssprouts.jpg]

Brussels sprout time in P.A. Also picked up some firm tofu - you tofu users, is that what I'm supposed to look for? I don't use tofu enough to remember. I want to make a hot/sour soup sometime this weekend with some of Billy's chicken with ginger. Is this what I want?

Also, picked up a contaner of White bean and basil Hummus...sounded good. Other than a couple of bottles of sparkly, we were good this visit.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-30-2011

Tofu ignorant here. I just went with regular steak. When I do my Korean Beef, I want full flavor. I've got plenty left to do that next week.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Harborwitch - 09-30-2011

Quote:

"Only thing is that it's kinda late to pull that off, I think"- not if you have some chicken pieces thawed out. But, it's what 7:30 there? (it's 4:30 here)

Look what I found at Trader Joe's, haven't seen one of these for a couple years. Oh boy!
[Image: brusselssprouts.jpg]

Oh Jean!!! WOW! I hope that the local fruit stands and farmers' markets will have them. I love the fact that you can just put the stalk in a cold place and cut the sprouts off as you need them for a week or so. Envy!!1

Brussels sprout time in P.A. Also picked up some firm tofu - you tofu users, is that what I'm supposed to look for? I don't use tofu enough to remember. I want to make a hot/sour soup sometime this weekend with some of Billy's chicken with ginger. Is this what I want?

Also, picked up a contaner of White bean and basil Hummus...sounded good. Other than a couple of bottles of sparkly, we were good this visit.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 9/30? - Trixxee - 10-01-2011

Jean - I have the same picture of TJ's sprouts somewhere on FB. LOL. Our local store must not have them quite yet - I was there yesterday and didn't see them (and they are hard to miss)!