Cuisine at home Forums
The new Cuising for Two??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The new Cuising for Two??? (/showthread.php?tid=127397)

The new Cuising for Two??? - Harborwitch - 10-05-2011

I saw this today and grabbed it - have "we" talked about this one??? There are some great recipes in it and I think it'll be nice for "just us". There are some apple cider mussels that I'm dying to make!!

Of course how much time I have for cooking here depends on how much time I'm going to be in the restaurant.

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - cjs - 10-06-2011

Since these darn things aren't numbered in any way, what's on the cover??

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - losblanos1 - 10-06-2011

This is Vol 3 with the Greek chicken cutlets on the cover. I've made the following recipes- Beef taquitos, Bacon wrapped pork, crusted pork nuggets, curried crab bisque and the Vol-au-Vents, all delicious! The chocolate brownies on page 94 are next up to try. The Mexican club sandwich looks pretty tasty also. This is a really good cookbook.

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - Trixxee - 10-06-2011

I'm almost positive I have this one but now can't remember. Will have to look for it. I buy all these publications and unless they're right in front of my face I forget about them and then say to myself I don't know what to make for dinner. Ridiculous!

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-06-2011

You are so right, Trixxee! After this weekend, I swear I'm getting back to planning! This school year has started off with a bang! Surely it will slow down soon? But I WILL take time to celebrate my BG's 24th birthday this weekend! She and I will have a Girl's Night/Sleepover together tomorrow night! Can't wait! Then all her friends will converge on the farm for a campout Saturday night! I've known some of these kids since they were in elementary school!!!! Mom and Dad will hang out for a bit to see everyone, but we'll leave them to their games and partying early....locking the gate on the way out, of course....LOL!

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - cjs - 10-07-2011

I do have this one - but, haven't made anything out of it yet. I'll keep it out and look thru it. Mexican Club does look good.

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - Harborwitch - 10-07-2011

That Mexican Club looks amazing - I think it might go over well down at the restaurant.

There's a lot in this one that I think we'll try.

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - Trixxee - 10-07-2011

I agree, the Mexican club looks good and fun. Perhaps next week. Speaking of bacon, has anyone else noticed how ridiculously expensive it has gotten? A darn 1 lb package of Farmer John bacon was $6.99 the other day! Good gravy.

OK, the only thing I've made from this so far was the chicken vesuvio. It was good. Nothing super fancy but a nice weeknight meal.

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - labradors - 10-07-2011

Quote:

The new Cuising for Two???

What is "cuising"? Do you vocalise as you cook?

Re: The new Cuising for Two??? - pjcooks - 10-07-2011

And I'm reading this thread and thought it said "Cruising for Two" wondering what the heck this publication was all about...

Does sound good, though I haven't seen it in the stores.

PJ