Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? (/showthread.php?tid=127731)

What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - cjs - 10-12-2011

What's on everyone's menu for today?

Well, our weeks are all screwed up, so changed our Wed. to go to the big city - going today, so don't know what we'll do for dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Lorraine - 10-12-2011

Turkey soup, I think I'll add my last bag of Kluski noodles to it. It is so dark, cold, rainy and damp here, soup will be good. Might even make cornbread or biscuits to go with it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - farnfam - 10-12-2011

Cooling down here, after a week of Indian Summer
Went to an Oktoberfest at Coyote Moon this weekend and bought two home grown eggplants from a vendor. Soooo, the logic conclusion is....EGGPLANT ROLLATINE!!!
Muy Yummy

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Mare749 - 10-12-2011

Cold, dark and rainy here too. Soup is definately high on the list. I have a big head of cauliflower, so am thinking I'll make a creamed soup with that, add some leeks, and maybe some cheese and a sprinkle of bacon on top. Yum.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Trixxee - 10-12-2011

Hotter than heck here - close to 100 later. Blah.

I'm making a chicken/pear/bleu cheese/spinach recipe. Found some really good italian bread from the bakery department that we can't get enough of so that will be the starch.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - losblanos1 - 10-12-2011

Grilled Chicken Satay with Sesame rice cakes and pineapple chutney. I'm not making dessert tonight, but will be having leftover Panna Cotta, which was delicious and is now our Christmas dessert.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Old Bay - 10-12-2011

We are refreshing our leftover Greek salad--fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and shrimp. Olive oil to soften the dressing (it was a little strong).

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - Mare749 - 10-12-2011

Quote:

Grilled Chicken Satay with Sesame rice cakes and pineapple chutney. I'm not making dessert tonight, but will be having leftover Panna Cotta, which was delicious and is now our Christmas dessert.

Blane, is that panna cotta a Cuisine recipe or your own?

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - losblanos1 - 10-12-2011

Hi Maryann, it's a Cuisine recipe. 99.9% of the dinners that I post here are from Cuisine. It's from the February 2010 issue.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/12? - karyn - 10-12-2011

Cloudy and overcast here, but a nice change from a long, hot summer. We had sauteed chicken breasts with a red wine pan sauce over risotto. I made a mess of the kitchen. I'm so glad that DH and DS are taking care of it!!