Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? (/showthread.php?tid=128390)

What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - cjs - 10-29-2011

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have a couple hot dogs, couple Spinach wraps, some Pasta salad, so guess that's going to be dinner.

We're in Ellensburg for a few days - Roy wants to find somewhere to fish that isn't catch and release. Man, I hate that!!!

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Mare749 - 10-29-2011

Thinking maybe spaghetti and meatballs. Does anybody else use Dreamfields? I'm sure not crazy about it, but it beats not eating pasta at all.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Harborwitch - 10-29-2011

Maryann we use Dreamfields a lot. Actually we really like it. One big thing - the rotini & penne need to be a little undercooked for salads - they tend to absorb a lot of moisture and can get a little soggy. Otherwise we actually like it better in most cases.

I thawed out some skirt steak - I'm seeing a nice Asian marinade and some rice and a stir fry veggie. Unless I have to work this afternoon/evening.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - BarbaraS - 10-29-2011

Barilla makes some wheat pasta. It's pretty good. I don't exactly let the Hubby know and he doesn't notice the diff.

Barbara

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - farnfam - 10-29-2011

James has requested "Something with shrimp, and make it Italian" So, of course I shall fulfill his request.....tough to be me, right? LOL

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Old Bay - 10-29-2011

We are jerking a feral hog tenderloin and serving with an island salsa.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - DFen911 - 10-29-2011

Grilling rib eyes tonight. But really hankering for beef stroganoff which I haven't had in years so that might be tomorrow nights dinner

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Trixxee - 10-29-2011

Grilled steelhead salmon, brussel sprouts and roasted red potatoes. Not sure how I'm going to prepare the brussel sprouts.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've only made them twice (what took me so long to make them?) and I think I remember using bacon and balsamic vinegar.

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - farnfam - 10-29-2011

Balsamic and bacon sound good to me. A nice butter sauce is good too, but can lost in a strong flavor menu. I'd go with the Balsamic and bacon combo

Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 10/29?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-29-2011

I have no idea. Everyone's dinners sound so good.