Cuisine at home Forums
Immersion blender - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Immersion blender (/showthread.php?tid=128634)

Immersion blender - Mare749 - 11-03-2011

Okay, so who has this gadget? I have one that I acquired as a prize many years ago, but it was so flimsy and never worked all that well. So, it became the gag gift in the family that would get passed to a new family each Christmas.

Anyway, I would like to get a new one since I like the concept of it for pureeing soups, but want one that actually works.

Re: Immersion blender - Trixxee - 11-03-2011

My Braun boat motor has been serving me well for about 13 years now. Just used it the other day.

Re: Immersion blender - HomeCulinarian - 11-03-2011

I have one and love it!

Re: Immersion blender - cjs - 11-03-2011

I have 2 warnings for you. Roy "thought" (there he went thinking for himself again... ) that when it was on my Christmas list years ago, a battery powered one sounded safer to him, so I didn't have to worry about a cord.

what a piece of crap!

Then, he thought again...and got a plastic one (don't ask me why) and it started melting in hot marinara sauce.

finally I bought my own - Cuisinart and I love it!!

Re: Immersion blender - Gourmet_Mom - 11-03-2011

I have the stainless Cuisinart with the attachments. I got it last year and LOVE it!

Re: Immersion blender - Mare749 - 11-03-2011

Jeannette, which one do you have?

Okay, so far one vote for Braun and two for Cuisinart. That helps. Anybody else?

Re: Immersion blender - HomeCulinarian - 11-03-2011

I have the cuisinart brand one.

Re: Immersion blender - losblanos1 - 11-03-2011

What Daphne said. I use the small food processer attachment more than my regular processer.

Re: Immersion blender - BarbaraS - 11-03-2011

Yeah, I have one, a Cuisineart Smart Stick that extends about 3" more. It's white and plastic, but I've used it to smooth the veggies and broth I make with Pot Roast in a Crock Pot to make an amazing gravy and it didn't melt. It's a lot safer than ladling hot stuff into a blender!

If it ever breaks (doubt it, only use it a couple times a year), I'd get a stainless steel one to hold up to the heat. Got a restaurant supply place in the area? Check out their prices first.

Barbara

Re: Immersion blender - piano226 - 11-03-2011

I have one, well i lied i have 2. It is probably the appliance i use the most. I found that the key in it is wattage. Do not get the 200W one they are useless. The one I have is 550W and it is AMAZING. Have had it for two years. I bought it on amazon. Here is the link to the one I have

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00281QTE0
I