Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? (/showthread.php?tid=129366)

What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - cjs - 11-26-2011

What's on the menu for today?

I'm really excited about dinner tonight, we're going to a friend's restaurant just across the river from Portland. Scotty (Morris) is an old friend from Chef2Chef days and we were lucky enough to go to his last (or 2 or 3 ago) restaurant, Vesta's, twice - once with Billy. Had a great time.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-26-2011

Pictures, Jean!

Tonight, my holiday finally begins! We start with crab dip and toast points, move on to pizzas, and finish with roasted oysters. Some of everybody's favorites!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Mare749 - 11-26-2011

Today my girls (Heather and Holly) will be celebratingl their 34th birthday. Party at Holly and Bob's house tonight, and their hubbies planned the whole thing. Should be fun.

Can't wait to hear what you have, Jean!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Old Bay - 11-26-2011

We are testing a lobster newburg served in filo cups for our Christmas parties. We are going to try a table representing the "Feast of the Seven Fishes", an Italian Christmas tradition. Still working on the table presentation and what fishes to serve.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - BarbaraS - 11-26-2011

Chinese take out! Hubby just left for a fishing trip in Cape May.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - cjs - 11-26-2011

Oh Bill, keep us posted on how your plannng progresses!!Sounds interesting.

Oh Bill, Just googled to see exactly what the 'feast of....' consisted of and I'm just drooling! Some of the dishes I found sound just great. I may have to think on having something like this - since we're not going anywhere for Christmas!

I do have the camera at the ready!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Old Bay - 11-26-2011

Our "Feast" will not be the traditional one--we like some fish better than those the Italians do--right now the plans are shrimp and sauces, cracked crab claws & butter, steamed mussels with basil pesto, bonito tuna bellies with piquillo peppers, crabcakes, Scottish smoked salmon, classic caviar with blinis, and Lobster Newburg in filo cups (if they work). Will keep you informed. We will also have a meat, dip, and vegi table.

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Trixxee - 11-26-2011

Nothing exciting here! Leftover roasted chicken, potatoes and steamed carrots. Hopefully tomorrow we'll do something interesting since it's the last night before school starts again. I do have a can of crab so perhaps crab cakes. Need to find a good recipe.

Anyone have a recipe they really like?

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - DFen911 - 11-26-2011

Doing Laura's birthday dinner since she has to leave tomorrow morning at 5am. So appetizer of spicy crab dip with garlic crostini, roasted tomato and red pepper soup with herbed focaccia bread. Dessert is a red velvet cake

Bill I bet your new dish will be YUMMY!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 11/26? - Harborwitch - 11-27-2011

Turkey and black bean nachos. Lots of goodies, easy, and using up stuff that's on hand!