Cuisine at home Forums
Erin - Is This What You Have??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Erin - Is This What You Have??? (/showthread.php?tid=129557)

Erin - Is This What You Have??? - cjs - 12-01-2011

[Image: 1201_pieday_05.jpg]

Cooking.com has them again - if they are.

-----

P.S. Just saw this also in a newsletter - Maryann, your girls also might be interested????

"Inside Out and Back Again
by Thanhha Lai (Harper, $15.99)
No one would believe me but at times I would choose wartime in Saigon over peacetime in Alabama.

For all the ten years of her life, Hà has only known Saigon: the thrills of its markets, the joy of its traditions, the warmth of her friends close by . . . and the beauty of her very own papaya tree.

But now the Vietnam War has reached her home. Hà and her family are forced to flee as Saigon falls, and they board a ***** headed toward hope. In America, Hà discovers the foreign world of Alabama: the coldness of its strangers, the dullness of its food, the strange shape of its landscape . . . and the strength of her very own family.

This is the moving story of one girl's year of change, dreams, grief, and healing as she journeys from one country to another, one life to the next."

Re: Erin - Is This What You Have??? - Mare749 - 12-01-2011

No, I'm thinking probably not, Jean. Neither one of them likes baking pies, so I'm not sure that they would use it. Heather has shown some interest in baking, but it always seems to be some sort of fancy cake. Not the type with lots of frosting, more like a torte with layers of fillings.

But, you never can tell. I won a so-called sandwich maker one time. It was a goofy gadget and I never used it. Heather took it home and her husband loved it! Hmmm, maybe he would bake pies.....

Re: Erin - Is This What You Have??? - esgunn - 12-01-2011

It sure is close. Mine is a Breville (brand) mini pie maker. It makes 4 pies.

Mini cakes and pies are really popular right now. I secretly want a Baby Cake mini doughnut maker or mini cupckake maker.

Maryann, I think she was referring to the book for you.

Re: Erin - Is This What You Have??? - cjs - 12-01-2011

Yes, Maryann - the books.....

Thanks Erin

Re: Erin - Is This What You Have??? - Mare749 - 12-01-2011

Oh duh! I got a bit discombobled when Tommy came in! He's just a little guy but has a big voice. Then Charlie gets all crazy and they run around the house together for several minutes before they settle down for hugs and licks. They both fell asleep for a nap now, thank goodness!

Thanks for the book recommend, Jean. It does sound interesting and I'll go check it out!

ETA: Just ordered it from the library for Katie, who is in third grade. Must be popular, there were 10 holds on 8 copies!

I just put a hold on the ebook for Stephanie.