Cuisine at home Forums
Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 (/showthread.php?tid=129796)

Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - cjs - 12-08-2011

and, he is missed as much today as ever. Been thinking about him all week long.

[Image: LASTPARTYONTHEHILL.jpg]
Billy, Sharon, June, me, Trace, Kelly (Kelly used to come on here and was our neighbor)

Continued RIP, Billy J - darn, you were too young.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Harborwitch - 12-08-2011

He's been on our minds all week too. He is still so missed and so loved. His old phone "butt dialed" me again a couple weeks ago - I wonder if he'll call tomorrow! I still miss him so much.

I think I'll finally make his Chicken Breasts with Paprika Cream tomorrow night.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - labradors - 12-08-2011

Great picture for some great memories.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Lorraine - 12-08-2011

That is a great picture! I was unpacking stuff yesterday ( as I have been every day ), and came across his tye dyed towels, the beautiful wooden spoons he gave me, and the cookbook Jean did in his memory. I kind of felt out of sorts looking at them, now I know why.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - DFen911 - 12-09-2011

Oh Billy...how I miss you and how I will miss living near you and how I so looked forward to that.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - cjs - 12-09-2011

Denise, I think about that everytime we go thru your area - how much he would have loved being so close to you and Derek!!

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Mare749 - 12-09-2011

I love that picture. You all look so happy together. How fortunate you are to have those memories. I have the tie-dyed towels too. They always make me smile, but also a little sad. I wish that I had met Billy in person like so many others had the opportunity.

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Harborwitch - 12-09-2011

Quote:

Oh Billy...how I miss you and how I will miss living near you and how I so looked forward to that.

Once we're all up here we'll have to get together now and again near that winery and tip a bottle or two of that Pinot Noir that he turned us on to (the one we had the night you two came over for dinner.

A funny little memory - since we'd never met Billy until that party he had told me that I would recognize him because he'd be "resplendent in raspberry". . . and he was!

For our friend: cookedafloat.blogspot.com

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - pjcooks - 12-09-2011

Wonderful picture. Happy Birthday, dear friend, we all miss and love you. Somehow I know you are in a wonderful place, looking down and reading this thread

PJ

Re: Our Old Friend's Birthday - Tomorrow, 12/9 - Gourmet_Mom - 12-09-2011

Happy birthday, Billy! We miss you so much.

Great picture, Jean!