Cuisine at home Forums
Need Imaginative Ideas for This - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Need Imaginative Ideas for This (/showthread.php?tid=129807)

Need Imaginative Ideas for This - cjs - 12-08-2011

Whoever figures out what to use this for - gets one.
[Image: CIMG1734.jpg]

size: 5"X3 1/3"X1/4"

This is what Roy slices off the block glued together for salt boxes. When he brought it up we both thought it was gorgeous, but could not think what to use it for. A coaster wouldn't work, too slippery, but there must be something....

I'm even thinking putting some together and making a little box, or??????

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - Lorraine - 12-08-2011

Individual serving plates. A mini muffing, slice of cheese/butter/jam, slices of fruit, some nuts.

I also see sesame chicken skewers and a really small pot of sauce on it.

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - Harborwitch - 12-08-2011

Obviously a cheeseboard for each setting at the table! Envision serving your grilled grapes and cheese one on each service plate! Perfect beautiful little cheeseboards!

He made pate recently. I'm thinking a slice of it, a few slices of baguette, and a dollop of wild cherry wine jam.

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - cjs - 12-08-2011

Great ideas - now, he has to make another one or two (one for each of you and one for me to 'test')

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - Mare749 - 12-08-2011

Do you like crafts? You can buy decal lettering at Michaels with sayings like "Life is Beautiful" etc. Stick them on, decoupage over it, and set in on a little easel. (also Michael's) If you don't have a Michael's near you, Walmart usually carries those items as well.

You could also make a small desk clock with it. You can buy clock kits in many sizes at craft stores.

I have a small picture frame that size on my desk. Cut out a small hole in the middle (the size of school pix) and make a cardboard and felt "back door" with a clasp to hold it in place. Glue on a piece of dowel rod to balance or set it on a small easel.

Buy some tiny wood letters that say KEYS, glue them on, add hooks.

Need any more?

I think he should be selling them. I know of at least one person who would buy them.

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - cjs - 12-08-2011

You guys are fantastic!!

Re: Need Imaginative Ideas for This - BarbaraS - 12-08-2011

Wow!! That is really gorgeous! Hubby loves the construction.

Barbara

"He" says put us on the list for 2 dozen. The winery wants us to start doing apps mid week.