Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? (/showthread.php?tid=130131)

What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - cjs - 12-17-2011

What's on the menu for everyone today?

Beef Stew here - cooked it yesterday and the house smelled so good.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-17-2011

I have no idea. I'm off to find inspiration.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Mare749 - 12-17-2011

This is almost funny. I have leftover chicken, so am going to look in "I have LEFTOVERS...What do I do now?

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - BarbaraS - 12-17-2011

I'm making Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken for the first time.

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - losblanos1 - 12-17-2011

Tonight it's meatloaf muffins with tomato gravy and a side buttermilk smashed potatoes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Old Bay - 12-17-2011

Taking Jane and my staff to Flemings Steak House!!! Good wife, good staff, ok year. Merry Christmas!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Trixxee - 12-17-2011

Quote:

I'm making Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken for the first time.

Barbara

I forgot all about that one!

I was craving carne asada tacos but didn't have enough time to marinate my own meat so I bought some pre-marinated from the butcher counter. We shall see.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - cjs - 12-17-2011

That is funny (and nice), Maryann - hope you get an idea.

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - DFen911 - 12-17-2011

I think Jean and I are on the same wave length. Although not making stew, but the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast. Was watching her this morning and thought wow I haven't done one in years. Here's the link http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/

Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-17-2011

Denise, I hope you guys like that one as much as I did! I just realized I haven't been on her site in forever! Since I replaced my iPad! I'm off there now!

Barbara, I hope you like it as much as we do! I can't thank Trixxee (?) enough for that one!

As for dinner, years ago, my cafeteria ladies made the best veggie soup with hamburger. That was when you could buy a gallon to take home for dinner. When they stopped that, the cafeteria manager paired down the recipe for me. I haven't made it in a long time....William took it over years ago. Today, I had a craving for it, the old way, before William changed it so much. I decided to put my own spin on it. I made it with my own ground Italian sausage and added a Parmesan rind. Very good!