Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? (/showthread.php?tid=130647)

What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - cjs - 12-29-2011

Geez, can you believe it's the 29th already?????? What's on the menu for today??

We're having some black bean chili, BUT NO CORNBREAD!! I keep telling myself when I make Burr's I'll freeze most of it and dole it out. No way, I can not stay out of it with melted butter and honey - running down my arm good!! we'll have some crackers.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - losblanos1 - 12-29-2011

Tonight it's Ham & potato chowder with Orange and red onion salad.

I'm also making some goodies for my wife to take to work tomorrow- Smoked salmon crostini and from the new issue Chocolate truffle cheesecake with turtle sauce.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Trixxee - 12-29-2011

Last week we had a change of plans one night (ie, too lazy to cook so got takeout) so I never made Labs' sun dried tomato cream sauce. So I'll do that with chicken and serve over a little angel hair. I also never made my red swiss chard on Christmas Day (should have never started with the mimosas) and it still looks fresh enough so I'll saute that.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-29-2011

Blane, you make me itch to be retired! You cook some spectacular stuff!

Dinner is in the air right now. Something simple I imagine.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Mare749 - 12-29-2011

Now that I got out the Cuisine Lite, I'm thinking that the Chicken Roulade with Creamy Orzo is looking pretty good right now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Trixxee - 12-29-2011

Maryann - I've made the chicken roulades before and they were very good. I actually first found the recipe on foodfiend's blog. I notice it's under the 30 minute section - double that time!

Thank you Daphne! I'm not retired quite yet, I have to go back to work on the 3rd (I'm on a Christmas break).

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-29-2011

Oh, do you teach?

No, I just have a great job with excellent benefits. By the way I've added Ham, cheese & apple toasts to my menu.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 12/29?? - cjs - 12-29-2011

Change of plans, my personal shopper took too darn long at the store, so the chili won't be ready for tonight. So, he did bring home two beautiful Portabellos and 2 Kaiser rolls, so burgers here!!

Also, brought home 4 ~4-oz. lobster tails - I don't think I've every cooked any this small. May be a challenge.....