Cuisine at home Forums
Blane and czvanhyning - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Blane and czvanhyning (/showthread.php?tid=131539)

Blane and czvanhyning - cjs - 01-18-2012

You two are our newest friends and we'd love to know more about you. If you're willing, why not go to the top thread, "Newbies Getting Acquainted," and let us get to know you and you to know us.

And, we hope you'll both stick around for a long time!!

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - Mare749 - 01-18-2012

Great idea! We all love new friends.

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - Harborwitch - 01-18-2012

Quote:

You two are our newest friends and we'd love to know more about you. If you're willing, why not go to the top thread, "Newbies Getting Acquainted," and let us get to know you and you to know us.

And, we hope you'll both stick around for a long time!!

Yeah - what Jean said!

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - DFen911 - 01-18-2012

Yeah...bust a move (crosses her arms over her chest and tries to look intimidating)

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - cjs - 01-18-2012

AND THEN - Denise will ply you with jello shooter, her specialty!!!

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - DFen911 - 01-18-2012

Oh that's even a better idea...with the weather being chilly...Hot Toddy anyone?

[Image: prospector-jelly-shotjpg-a9a6c7ce52961dd4.jpg]

1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup sparkling wine
2 envelopes Knox gelatin
1/2 cup applejack or calvados
1/2 cup Batavia Arrack (see note)
Dash Angostura bitters
Grated cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
Combine honey, lemon juice and sparkling wine in a medium saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is fully dissolved, about 5 minutes. (Use very low heat to avoid overheating the wine.) Remove from heat and stir in the applejack or calvados, Batavia Arrack, and dash of bitters. Pour mixture into an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan and chill until fully set, several hours or overnight. (If you want the jelly to have tiny bubbles, reminiscent of Champagne, follow the instructions for the Bubbles Method below.)

When ready to serve, run a knife around the edges and flip the pan over onto a flat surface to release the gelatin from the mold. Cut into desired shapes and garnish with cinnamon, if desired.

Bubbles Method: Prepare gelatin mixture per instructions. Set aside half of the gelatin mixture. Pour the other half into the desired pan and quick-set by placing it in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes. Check the mixture often to avoid freezing. When set, rake the mixture with a fork until small, uniform globules form. Distribute the raked gelatin evenly in the pan. Pour the reserved gelatin over the raked, set gelatin. Chill until fully set, several hours or overnight.

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - Gourmet_Mom - 01-19-2012

Good grief, Denise! Do you want William to be missing a finger?!?!? He would LOVE THIS! I'd have to fight to taste it!

This makes me think that I may need to "enhance" his Friday Happy Hour with the guys! Let me think what flavor would be best..cherry, I'm thinking? I think that would be a fun thing for me to make for the "guys"!

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - cjs - 01-19-2012

Oh-Oh...

Re: Blane and czvanhyning - BarbaraS - 01-19-2012

OMG!!! Just lovely!!

Barbara