Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? (/showthread.php?tid=131724)

What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - cjs - 01-23-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm undecided between the two stir-fry/Asian dishes you all have been talking about....all I know is my steak is thawed.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - Trixxee - 01-23-2012

I have some leftover roasted chicken and if I can find two ripe avocados, I'd like to make Noble Pig's chicken salad with avocado/buttermilk dressing, served on sourdough toast.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - Mare749 - 01-23-2012

It's going to be the mushroom swiss burgers that I made up yesterday, then didn't end up using.

I made up a fresh salad yesterday and took it to Heather's. She went to a new sushi place that is getting rave reviews and picked up a nice selection to bring home. Her hubbie made a roaring fire in the fireplace to keep us toasty! What a great evening.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - karyn - 01-23-2012

We're finally having the Bimibap. Everything is prepped and ready to go.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - HomeCulinarian - 01-23-2012

I'm making a vegetarian stew from The Best Light Recipe book.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - losblanos1 - 01-23-2012

Chicken and sausage ragu with Parmesan Baguette.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - Gourmet_Mom - 01-23-2012

Plain old BBQ chicken and corn on the cob with steamed cabbage. If I don't get anything else done in the next two days, it will be making up some menus for the next two weeks with some new dishes!

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - cjs - 01-23-2012

I ended up making a dish that Trixxee posted 10/08 that I don't think I've made before...don't remember anyway. Wow, Roy could hardly stay out of it. Really enjoyed it, so thanks, belatedly to Trixxee!!

[Image: AsianBeefNoodles.jpg]

It's such a perfect 'start' to a pantry dish, I'm going to adapt a little (maybe try some hoisin, dry sherry and garlic) and add to the book.

Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? - Trixxee - 01-23-2012

Glad you guys liked it Jean! Yes, it lends itself to modifications and using what you've got!