Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner?? (/showthread.php?tid=132955)

What's for Sunday Dinner?? - cjs - 02-26-2012

What's on everyone's menu for today??

We're taking the trailer out for a few days, haven't gone anywhere FOREVER!! So, not sure what we'll have. Maybe bologna sandwiches..... Or just martinis with Lorraine's Martini spread & crackers.......

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Lorraine - 02-26-2012

Will you get as far as here, Jean?? I say have the Martini spread, and have the sandwiches for a midnight snack.

I have a craving for red meat, may have to thaw some of the 6 oz fillets. I'd really like baked potatoes, but we have given up all things white for Lent. Sweet Potato fries might be good. Need to find something to do with a big bag of baby spinach.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Trixxee - 02-26-2012

We're having chicken tortilla soup. Have fun on your trip Jean!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - cjs - 02-26-2012

No, darn it, Lorraine.

Everything white??? chicken gravy, white chocolate, white fish(?), what else??

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - losblanos1 - 02-26-2012

Tortilla soup sounds so good right now, it's cold & snowing here.
Tonight's dinner is from the new issue. Carne Asada Burritos with Mexican Tomato & Corn Salad. Dessert is Coconut cream fried pies.

Trixxee, if you like Mexican soups, you should try this Taco soup, the recipe is from a new Cuisine cookbook 'Quick & Easy Menus'. It's a flat out solid 10.

[Image: Tacosoup.jpg]

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - DFen911 - 02-26-2012

Gonna make a roast chicken in the Schlemmertopf pot with leeks, cumin and cilantro with a side of jalapeno mashed potatoes Lol I think Blane and I are always on the same flavor profile

Have a safe trip Jean...and did you get your ipad yet? If not wait...I believe the iPad3 release announcement will be March 7th and hopefully the actual release day will be 2 weeks after that.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - losblanos1 - 02-26-2012

I know this is a "What's for dinner" thread, but this is "What's for lunch".

[Image: PorkTamales.jpg]

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Trixxee - 02-26-2012

Thanks Blane - will check it out!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-26-2012

Blane, you're making me hungry! And I just ate!

I'm making an old standby to use some of my new bag of pine nuts...Chicken Lingine with candied cherry tomatoes.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner?? - Lorraine - 02-26-2012

Jean, white as in not good for him, white flour,sugar, pasta, potatoes etc. Fish, chicken etc is all good!