Cuisine at home Forums
Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa (/showthread.php?tid=133072)

Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Trixxee - 03-01-2012

In looking around for that Norwegian meatball recipe on the interwebs somehow this Cuisine at Home recipe also popped up. It's from 2006 sometime. Has anyone made it? I've never had sticky rice but it the recipe sounds like it would go really good with some grilled fish or shrimp. Hmmm...may have to work this into this weekend somehow seeing that it's going to be warming up again. It's been too cold to grill even in S. California lately.

http://www.food.com/recipe/sticky-rice-sundaes-w-pineapple-salsa-197719

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - cjs - 03-01-2012

I absolutely love sticky rice and I'm going to have to look this one over when I get home.

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Gourmet_Mom - 03-01-2012

That sure does sound good. It would be perfect with seafood! It hit 80+ today, here! I need to get William to bring home some fish or shrimp soon. When he does, I'm making this!

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - BarbaraS - 03-01-2012

Okay, what do you do with the sticky rice??

Barbara

EDIT TO ADD - DUH! I swear I saw "serve over ice cream" earlier instead of rice and had to wait until I got home to post to this!!!!

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Trixxee - 03-01-2012

Barbara - you're probably confusing Labs' dessert/sundae thread with this one. I can see why - how often is the word "sundae" used twice in two days here?

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Mare749 - 03-01-2012

Trixxee, I'm not positive, but I think some of us made that dessert back then. It sounds that familiar.

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Trixxee - 03-01-2012

Hmmm...I was thinking it was a side dish versus a dessert since the salsa has onions and peppers in it?

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - Mare749 - 03-02-2012

My mistake. I spoke up before looking at the recipe. That's not the one I was thinking of. I'll have to go look through back issues to find it.

Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa - cjs - 03-02-2012

Me too, now that I'm home and have access to the magazines.