Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? (/showthread.php?tid=133091)

T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - cjs - 03-02-2012

What's on everyone's menu today?

I need to take inventory - maybe I'll get inspiration from you all.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - Mare749 - 03-02-2012

We're having garlic shrimp linguine. (thanks, Jean, I just love your method for cooking shrimp!) Will probably have asparagus for a side if it's still reasonably priced. Dessert will be a girl scout cookie.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - Trixxee - 03-02-2012

We're getting take-away from this food truck that will be at one of the local high schools tonight. It's supposed to be pretty good. Not sure what we will get - will have to find out what the specials are first. I am hoping they have duck confit tamales that are often a special.

http://www.tacomaria.com/menu/

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - labradors - 03-02-2012

Quote:

I am hoping they have duck confit tamales that are often a special.

When can you guys come and pick me up to join you?

If the whole chicken I have is sufficiently thawed, I'll be roasting it with the "Indian Tandoori Grilling Rub" that Denise sent in my Secret-Santa package. If not, then I'll do that tomorrow.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - cjs - 03-02-2012

Oh Trixxee and Maryann, you have me drooling now. I may go with the garlic shrimp linguine also. Been a while.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - Trixxee - 03-02-2012

I'm pretty excited about it! I don't recall ever having duck confit but I know you guys have talked about it.

Both the shrimp linguine and tandoori chicken sound awfully good.

What is Jean's method for cooking shrimp inquiring minds want to know?

Oh Trixxee, you are in for such a treat!!! From the menu link of yours - what's not to love??

QUESADILLA de TUÉTANO
crispy bone marrow quesadilla, queso oaxaca, herbs & garlic al molcajete $8

TOSTADAS de CANGREJO
fresh dungeness crab salad with shrimp, black lime aoili, avocado & tostadas $10

-----
Now, what is black lime aioli (misspelled on menu ) pray tell??? Sounds delicious - both!!

Here's my recipe for oven-roasted garlic shrimp - and please believe the times in the recipe, they work (unless you have like "U 5s" or something...

Garlic Roasted Shrimp

For the shrimp:
1 lb. shrimp, cleaned and peeled, leaving tails attached
3 - 5 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. EVO
Kosher salt & cracked black pepper

Preheat oven to 450°. On a heavy baking sheet mix together the garlic, olive oil , salt and pepper; add the cleaned shrimp and toss all together gently.

Spread out in a single layer. Roast for 3 min, turn shrimp over & continue roasting till the shrimp are opaque and firm, another 2-4 min. Don't roast any longer than 4 additional minutes.

Transfer shrimp to a shallow dish, cover partially & refrigerate. (be sure to scrape the bottom of the b. sheet and add to the shrimp. Refrigerate until chilled.
----
I have served these on buffets and also just scraped onto freshly cooked pasta. (sprinkle on a little Asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano and dinner is ready.

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - BarbaraS - 03-02-2012

Take out of some kind. I had to work from 10:30 last night until 9 today and only got a couple hours' sleep since. Ugh. I'm not even going to go out to do the weekly shopping today - too tired.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. What's for Dinner, 3/2?? - DFen911 - 03-02-2012

Not really sure yet, but it will involve sweet italian sausage, peppers and stuffing.

Oh Denise, have you ever done Roberto's Sausage dish?????????????? It is wonderful!!!