Cuisine at home Forums
Hurricanes/Tornedos - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Hurricanes/Tornedos (/showthread.php?tid=133131)

Hurricanes/Tornedos - cjs - 03-03-2012

I keep expecting to hear someone say they've had some of these - NO?? thank heavens we've all been safe from them, then.

Maryann and Jeannett, I've especially been thinking of you two.

I remember running to the basement with my pillow, cigarettes, wine jug a couple times in Kewanee.....

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - Gourmet_Mom - 03-03-2012

I'm so glad everyone has managed to stay safe so far. It's been a strange winter!

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - Trixxee - 03-03-2012

I hope none of my beloved horses and farms were affected too badly in KY.

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - Mare749 - 03-03-2012

We had the high winds that seemed to shake the house all night, but were fortunately not affected by the tornedos. So sad that many people were affected and whole towns destroyed in a matter of seconds. I was just reading an article that said that it's all due to this weird weather, warm one day, cold the next.

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - DFen911 - 03-03-2012

What worries me is there's been over 120 tornadoes before the official start of the season So much destruction and so many lives lost already. I saw one couple who lost their home last April, rebuilt and this week lost their home again. I just couldn't go thru that. Tornados just scare the crap out of me.

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - Trixxee - 03-03-2012

Denise- do you ever feel like our time is coming for disaster with an earthquake? I do and I hate it.

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - DFen911 - 03-03-2012

YES!! Derek and I were talking about that a couple of nights ago. For the last 2-3 years it's been mid-west and east coast. Storms, snow, rain, tornados... and so far we've all skated by.

Re: Hurricanes/Tornedos - Harborwitch - 03-03-2012

I'm so glad everyone is safe! Tornadoes are one of the three reasons we're not in North Dakota, they scare me to death.