Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? (/showthread.php?tid=133794)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - cjs - 03-23-2012

What's on the menu for all today?

The W.W. Sausage & Cabbage dish for 4 yesterday made enough for an army, so we'll have that for leftovers today.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - Mare749 - 03-23-2012

I'm thinking salmon, but a lot will depend on what looks good when I get to the store. The plan is salmon teriyaki, jasmine rice and asparagus or snow peas.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - Harborwitch - 03-23-2012

Today is the "Corruption of Chad Day 4". I'm making an Italian Fattie - beef, Italian sausage, roasted peppers, red onion, mushrooms, and mozzarella - of course wrapped in bacon and smoked. I haven't made one in soooo long!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - Mare749 - 03-23-2012

Better be careful, Sharon. You might find yourself in charge of catering this year.

The fattie sounds pretty decadent! Can't wait to hear Chad's reaction.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - Trixxee - 03-23-2012

Chicken Souvlaki Pita Sandwiches....for some unusual reason nothing under the sun sounds good to me today except this.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - farnfam - 03-23-2012

So Trixie what's in those?

Cis - I don't really have an exact recipe that I follow but I marinate some boneless chicken breasts in EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, S&P, oregano. Either grill those or just saute them and then slice. Then I make a sauce with greek yogurt, grated or chopped zucchini, garlic, red wine vinegar, feta cheese and dill. Toss chicken with sauce. Then assemble a sandwich on pita bread and garnish it with tomato slices and thinly sliced red onion. You can also throw some sliced kalamata olives on there too!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - cjs - 03-23-2012

Well now, doesn't that sound interesting!!

Here's a typical recipe with a photo. And now that I think about it I think I put some sliced pepperocinis on it last time.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-souvlaki-10000001107169/

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/23?? - losblanos1 - 03-23-2012

Steak night tonight, Grilled NY strip steaks with BĂ©arnaise sauce and a side of these funny looking long green things (Labs,thanks for the laugh).