Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? (/showthread.php?tid=134000)

What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - cjs - 03-29-2012

What's on the menu today?

I changed up the rib recipe for "Brown Sugr & Bourbon Ribs" two different ways, so we'll have one today. Also, playing with a Mac & Cheese with reduced fat cheese...........crap, I just can't make the regular mac and cheese that I would make for my aunt anymore, don't want that much of it in the house.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - Trixxee - 03-29-2012

Adobo-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Black Bean Pico de Gallo and flour tortillas.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - farnfam - 03-29-2012

Feeling like cream of broccoli soup with side of biscuits and maybe ham spread ? Got any spread ideas?

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - Mare749 - 03-29-2012

Sorry Cis, I don't make spreads for sandwiches, but wouldn't mind trying some if somebody posts one.

Tonight we will have Classic Cannelloni, which I just happened to have an extra casserole in the freezer already made up. Probably a chopped salad to go with.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - cjs - 03-29-2012

Here we go again, everyone's dinner sounds so good, but for once I'm not feeling envious - I'm so anxious for ribs and mac & cheese!

Cis, I just copied this down this a.m. to play with for a ham filling -
1. 1/2 pound smoked ham, coarsely chopped
2. 1/2 cup mayonnaise
3. 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
4. 1 jalapeƱo, seeded and minced
5. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
6. 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
7. Hot sauce and salt, for seasoning
I want it for a sandwich with my sprouts!!

speaking of sprouts - geez, Roy is becoming such an old grumpy son-of-a-gun. He is swearing up and down I never 'allowed' him to have any of the sprouts I used to do because he doesn't remember them at all and he pigged out on them yesterday. Cranky old fart!

One day after they are done, I'm almost out................

Thanks,Jean, that looks just right!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - Mare749 - 03-29-2012

Thanks Jean, that looks tasty! Too bad about the sprouts. I'm thinking about keeping a couple jars going at a time. It's just so nice to have something "fresh" at this time of the year.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - cjs - 03-29-2012

Just started half of the Zesty mix 5 minutes ago. something fresh, yes, it is so nice to get away from mostly root veggies....

I'm doing the ham sandwich tomorrow - hope you like it, Cis.

Mare, that's a good idea, why not have more than one batch going! You could stagger them a little so they're done at different times too.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs. , 3/29?? - losblanos1 - 03-29-2012

Since I didn't get an invite to Trixxee's for some of that adobo pork, I'll be making Hawaiian chicken salad on a toasted croissant with a side of asparagus.