Cuisine at home Forums
It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=134541)

It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - cjs - 04-12-2012

What's on the menu for today?

Eating out of the freezer for us - have a container of braised oxtail and some rice. Testing salad dressings this week, so will have one with my new sprouts that are ready - French lentils.

Crab Clusters (Dungeness Crab legs) are on sale, so Roy picked some up - now to decide what to make. I have enough for 2 or 3 dishes, probably one will be pizza.

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - piano226 - 04-12-2012

Leftover lasagna from last night. By the way that Roasted Red Bell pepper, chicken goat cheese lasagna was a ten.

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - losblanos1 - 04-12-2012

Chicken cutlets with an almond butter sauce and a side of asparagus.

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - karyn - 04-12-2012

We've been power washing the dock all day. I'm tired! Dinner is leftovers from last night.

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - losblanos1 - 04-12-2012

Chicken cutlet, so simple, so delicious. Mmmmmmm!!!!

[Image: Chickencutlet.jpg]

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - esgunn - 04-12-2012

Maple-Dijon Chicken. Well that is what I am naming it. It was easy and good. Kids loved it. Served it with steamed broccoli and home made rice pilaf.

Maple-Dijon Chicken
1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs (bone in or boneless skinless)
1/2 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
salt and pepper
Fresh Rosemary.

Adjust cooking as necessary. I cooked at 425 for about 40 minutes. Mix mustard, mapley syrup and rice vinegar together. Salt and pepper chicken. Place in a 9x13 dish and pour sauce over, turning chicken to coat. Cook for 40 minutes or until done, basting 1/2 way through. Serve with sprinkle of chopped fresh rosemary.

The original recipe I got from Pinterest said to cook at 450 for 40 minutes. But I was using boneless, skinless. so I dropped to 425 and cooked for 40 minutes or so.

I also changed the recipe because I was serving to the kids. The above is the original, but I used 1/3 cup maple syrup and a little less than 1/3 cup dijon. Wanted it a little sweeter. I think I would like with 1/2 cup dijon and the 1/4 cup maple. Good.

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - cjs - 04-13-2012

Sounds good, Erin!! And, good for a 'power washing' day!!

Re: It's Thursday - What's for Dinner, 4/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-13-2012

I could have sworn I posted. I was doing Spring Cleaning yesterday. I chose simple London Broil....so close to tonight's meal, but it was quick and simple.