Cuisine at home Forums
Ooooops! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ooooops! (/showthread.php?tid=134628)

Ooooops! - Harborwitch - 04-15-2012

We had pizza for dinner the other night. . . . with Jean's wonderful bread flour pizza dough. Somehow in the insanity of 6 days straight of LONG days the remaining pizza dough got forgotten. I found it today on the "counter" (way out of the way) - smelling like wonderful sourdough, no mold, no sludge, nothing but sourdough smelling dough. (Thursday we had pizza??) Does anyone have an idea . . . could it be like a biga?? Or, should I toss it?

Re: Ooooops! - cjs - 04-16-2012

Wow, I sure wouldn't want to decide that one.....

Re: Ooooops! - Lorraine - 04-16-2012

I would say, when in doubt....

Re: Ooooops! - farnfam - 04-16-2012

I would go a head and make it into something and bake. The oven will take care of any problems

Re: Ooooops! - Harborwitch - 04-16-2012

Thank you all - this crazy work schedule is driving me nuts! I just remembered it, sniffed it, and it's all bubbly, yeasty, and sourdough smelling. There's no liquid, no funky smell. If it wasn't so late . . . .

Cis I'm going to treat it like a biga and bake it tomorrow (even if I have to take it down to the restaurant!).

Re: Ooooops! - farnfam - 04-17-2012

Good I'm really anxious to hear how it turned out I bet it's going to be delicious

Re: Ooooops! - Mare749 - 04-22-2012

Only my opinion, but I think it will be safe to use. I used to leave a sour dough starter out on my counter for weeks. It was always fine. In fact, it's probably going to be great.