Cuisine at home Forums
The New Plate Magazine - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: The New Plate Magazine (/showthread.php?tid=136202)

The New Plate Magazine - cjs - 05-30-2012

Sharon and I have been discussing the new Plate magazine - she's already done the Smoked Shrimp cocktail - and I think it is the best issue EVER!! All about Smoking and Grilling. Great ideas!!

Has anyone else read or seen it yet??

Re: The New Plate Magazine - Harborwitch - 05-30-2012

I agree Jean, this has to be the BEST ever! I'm anxious to try some of the "cocktail" ideas - when we can buy booze again. There are just so many great recipes in this one.

[Image: IMG_7217.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7215.jpg]

Re: The New Plate Magazine - Mare749 - 05-30-2012

Is the shrimp actually smoked in the smoker, or just seasoned?

Never heard of the magazine, but will look for it.

Maryann the shrimp is coated in a brown sugar based rub and then smoked. The dipping sauce is a combination of cocktail (chili) sauce, BBQ sauce, and horseradish, salt & pepper. I added a packet of True Lemon, since we thought it was just a touch too sweet.

You can go to www.plateonline.com and subscribe - it's a free subscription. I've never seen it in the store.

Re: The New Plate Magazine - Gourmet_Mom - 05-30-2012

Those sound really good. My subscription got dropped. I'll have to check into this.

Daphne they call me every once in a while to see if I still want my subscription. It's not a number I recognize so I almost didn't answer.

For anyone who didn't get this issue I think you can register at Plateonline and get the recipes there.