Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? (/showthread.php?tid=136240)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - cjs - 05-31-2012

WOW - May is almost gone. Where the heck did it go????? So, what's on the menu for today?

We're making a Costco run today and finishing up with leftovers. Tomorrow we're starting a healthy eating style for a while; I just feel sluggish. Tonight is the last night of leftovers - I froze some of the Seafood pasta and have 2 of the Game day sandwiches left. boy, does the fridge look bare!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Trixxee - 05-31-2012

New recipe (for me): Chicken Tinga from the Cuisine Lite book that has the maple brined chicken on the cover.

Will make tacos out of it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Mare749 - 05-31-2012

Making Pad Thai tonight, with asparagus on the side. Using a recipe that Jean gave me. Can't wait!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Harborwitch - 05-31-2012

I don't know - I got up a O-Dark-thirty to get to work at 7 only to find out that Chad had two of us scheduled. Bob, thinking I was working, made a golf date so when he gets done we're going shopping. Something on the grill - that will go with potato salad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - losblanos1 - 05-31-2012

Trixxee, that's a very tasty dish.

It's steak night again tonight. NY strip steak with brandy mushroom sauce and asparagus as a side.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Gourmet_Mom - 05-31-2012

I wanted something that could sit on the grill while I sit on the deck with wine. Beer can chicken with my special rub seemed to fit the bill. Corn on the cob and fresh salad will be the sides.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Mare749 - 05-31-2012

Trixxee, let us know how you like that dish. I have that book. Thanks, Blane for your comment as well.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Lorraine - 06-01-2012

We didn't get home until almost 7pm, and were too tired to do much. I made him bacon and eggs.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - Trixxee - 06-01-2012

Loved the chicken tinga! (Picture up on FB)! The only thing I did differently was to use much less chipotles in adobo sauce. My husband's ulcer has been acting up so he was afraid for me to use the full amount. I cut in half, at least.

We have some nice leftovers for lunch today. Now that Tony is working out of the house I have to come up with lunches too.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 5/31?? - cjs - 06-01-2012

That was a challenge for me also, Trixxee. But, one good thing that came out of it - we were able to start having main meal mid-day and a light something at dinnertime. We love it.