Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? (/showthread.php?tid=138790)

What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - cjs - 07-30-2012

What's on the menu for today?

I have a little leftover roasted chicken, so maybe sandwiches and the Broccoli Slaw of Erin's.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-30-2012

I have some beef tenderloin. I'm trying to think of something other than steak. But my brain rebels at the idea of doing it any other way.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Trixxee - 07-30-2012

Here's an idea for you Daphne. You may have even made it before - a lot of us did.

http://noblepig.com/2011/05/vietnamese-style-beef-with-garlic-black-pepper-and-lime/

I'm doing last night's dinner tonight. Tony swooped in and made an italian dinner last night, forfeiting mine.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - luvnit - 07-30-2012

It's hard for me to do anything but steaks with a tenderloin too. But it is usually worth it!

I found a ham yesterday for 1.49/lb. So I will make a ham, probably cheesy potatoes of some kind. I have cheese and potatoes. I just never seem to like my own. Maybe I will look up a recipe in the Joy of Cooking. That book never lets me down. I have some snap peas too!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-30-2012

Thanks, Trixxee! I'm seriously considering it.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - farnfam - 07-30-2012

Haven't gone shopping after all that camping, I'm bushed. There are some chicken tenders in the freezer, so I'm thinking something curry-ish

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - esgunn - 07-30-2012

Putting Taco Soup in the slow cooker, and heading down the base to pick up Steve!!!!! Yay!

It will probably be 8pm by the time we get back home. Inprocessing takes forever.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Trixxee - 07-30-2012

I'm happy for you guys, Erin!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - cjs - 07-30-2012

Wonderful news, Erin!!! By the way, we really enjoyed your version of the broccoli slaw. thanks.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 7/30?? - Mare749 - 07-30-2012

Great news, Erin! Yes, thank you for the broccoli slaw recipe. I didn't get it made yet, but will very soon.

I spent another long day at the hospital with my dear friend, so dinner is quick and easy tonight. Ron is roasting ears of corn on the grill, and then he will cook some burgers. Fresh garden tomatoes to go with!