Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? (/showthread.php?tid=138857)

What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - cjs - 08-01-2012

August!! What's on the menu for today??

We went out to lunch yesterday so skipped dinner. Tonight will be the grilled salmon and tatoes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - Trixxee - 08-01-2012

I am trying a new recipe tonight - penne with spinach, radicchio and bacon. Just need to purchase the veggies.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Penne-with-Radicchio-Spinach-and-Bacon-241093

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - cjs - 08-01-2012

oh, that sounds good!

Where's Blane - we need his Birthday review??????

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - luvnit - 08-01-2012

Well I made soup yesterday and didn't feel like eating it after smelling it for 4 hours. So tonight we are having soup and burgers.

Today I have to make some bars for our neighborhood's annual Corn Feed. I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips! I also found a recipe for some beer cake with beer frosting. Not sure if anyone will let their kids eat it though, so I may have to make something else.

" I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips!" - do they have chocolate? I love the salty/chocolate thing.

My high school favorite thing was a chocolate milkshake and soda crackers!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - losblanos1 - 08-01-2012

The review is up, sorry for not being more prompt.

Tonight it's not a Cuisine at Home recipe. House special chicken chow mein.

No problem, Blane. Now, since it's August, will we have some b'day dinners????

Sharon?
Trixxee???
Denise????? (Crap, can't imagine what might be left in that freezer........... )

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - Lorraine - 08-01-2012

I found a package of pork chops on sale for $4.00. 5 chops, too bad there are not 2 the same size or shape. mashed cauliflower and greens. Supper has been ready for an hour, but he is busy writing menu proposals, and I know better than to interrupt his creative thinking.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-01-2012

We're having hot dogs, boiled new potatoes, and corn again. Church is cranking back up, so I'm back to quickly Wednesday night meals.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., AUGUST 1ST?? - luvnit - 08-01-2012

Quote:

" I found some 7-layer Bars that are made with potato chips!" - do they have chocolate? I love the salty/chocolate thing.

My high school favorite thing was a chocolate milkshake and soda crackers!!

Yes, ma'am! These things are goooood! And easy. I love the potato chip crust! It is really a great improvement to the traditional graham cracker crust on a 7-layer bar.

Here is a link to the yummy recipe: 7-Layer Bars with Potato Chip Crust

For the chips I just bought the regular Old Dutch that comes in a box and has two bags of chips in them. I used almost the entire box of chips in this recipe. Who know that those big boxes of chips only had about 2 cups worth of potatoes in them!