Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? (/showthread.php?tid=138918)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - cjs - 08-02-2012

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're have Shrimp and Potato Hash and later Mini-Zucc Pizzas.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - Trixxee - 08-02-2012

Have some basil to use up so red thai curry chicken. I think.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-02-2012

I'm finally ready to test run the marinara. Although, I have some tomatoes that need to be used, so I may just do a batch from scratch and save my stash. . Either way, spaghetti is on the menu.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - Mare749 - 08-02-2012

We're having seafood penne pasta with shrimp and scallops, and a lettuce and tomato salad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - farnfam - 08-02-2012

Meatloaf, gravy, corn on cob, and greenbeans. If I make a chocolate cake it'll be a TV dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - Harborwitch - 08-02-2012

I am tempted to make some potstickers with the left over chicken and wonton wrappers - I have everything else. I have to start getting ready for work soon - so it just might be leftover salad with the Thai smoked chicken.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - labradors - 08-02-2012

Based upon the spice packet Denise sent, the shrimp recipe that Blane posted and research into other recipes, I'm making a whole tandoori chicken, tonight. I already have the chicken marinated am currently bringing it to room temperature before preheating the oven. News about the results after dinner.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - losblanos1 - 08-02-2012

That tandoori chicken is so delicious.
Tonight it's the Italian steak sandwich with a side of French fries.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - labradors - 08-02-2012

The chicken was delicious, but wasn't quite the same taste as the packet that Denise sent. At least this will give me a baseline from which to experiment with different proportions of the ingredients.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 8/2?? - losblanos1 - 08-02-2012

A change in plans, I cooked beef tenderloin with tomato sauce instead of making the Italian sandwich, baked potato in lieu of the fries. I just couldn't use these perfect filets on a sandwich.

[Image: Filetmignonwithsaucechoron.jpg]