Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? (/showthread.php?tid=139193)

What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - cjs - 08-09-2012

What's on the menu for everyone??

For us? bean salad.....

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Mare749 - 08-09-2012

Pizza, hopefully on the grill. It's dark and cloudy here today. Might actually get rain, which would be good. So, if it's raining later, might have to do this on my pizza stone.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Lorraine - 08-09-2012

I have chicken thighs thawing, will try a new rub that my neighbour gave me that her SIL in South Africa gave her. Trying Jean's cookie pizza base today, hoping to serve a dessert pizza Friday night.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-09-2012

I'm not sure. I'm hoping to get inspired today.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Trixxee - 08-09-2012

I think I'm going to try the Meatloaf Burgers with tomato bacon relish from the Sandwiches and Salads book. I like the idea of serving it on grilled french bread slices (though Tony will say it's too squishy so I have an onion bun for him).

That should do it for me but I have sweet potato fries or tater tots if he wants some and we've got cantaloupe coming out of our ears. I bought 4 the other day when they were 50 cents each.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-09-2012

I'm leaning toward the French Onion Salsbury Steak, but this is not set in stone.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - esgunn - 08-09-2012

Daphne, I thought the same thing when I read what Trixxee is having. Hmmm, I think I have the ingredients. May have to go look up that meatloaf burger too.

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Roxanne 21 - 08-09-2012

Truffle infused steak, baked potato and broccoli---easy--have been hooked on some of the Olympic events so not that inventive--

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Roxanne 21 - 08-09-2012

Lorraine---is the ingredient by any chance NOMU? If so--you are in for a MAJOR treat

Re: What's for Dinner Thurs., 8/9?? - Lorraine - 08-09-2012

It's called "Portuguese Chicken Seasoning", made by Robertsons. Unfortunately, my chicken is still frozen solid, so we're having hamburgers.