Cuisine at home Forums
Update on our move - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Update on our move (/showthread.php?tid=139365)

Update on our move - DFen911 - 08-12-2012

For those that don't have FB here is my moving experience thus far

OMFG!! We just finished the last bits. Had just laid down to get to bed early when we hear a horrible crash. The full floor to ceiling wall mirror that was glued to the wall came crashing down. I now have glass shards all over the entire room and in all the furniture she's buying. Thank heavens for my sister Shannon Leeton Rankin and for coming over to help! I should be grateful it didn't fall the next day on the two young boys who are moving in with their mom tomorrow.

Well it just keeps getting better....2 hours into our trip...transmission blows up on the uhaul truck. Found a visitors center very close, so now waiting for a mechanic and tow truck. Hopefully they will be here in about 2 hours to tow us to god knows where. I am so over all this bad luck

Re: Update on our move - cjs - 08-12-2012

Oh Denise....speechless.

Re: Update on our move - Harborwitch - 08-12-2012

Quote:

Oh Denise....speechless.

I have to agree! UHaul is usually pretty good about taking care of their customers.

Re: Update on our move - BarbaraS - 08-12-2012

Oh geez Denise! I hope U-Haul takes care of you! And I hope you got all the mirror glass up. I walk around in bare feet all the time can't stand stepping on a "surprise", whether it's from my cats or something else.

Barbara

Re: Update on our move - Gourmet_Mom - 08-12-2012

Denise, I am so sorry. As Jean said, speechless.

Re: Update on our move - Mare749 - 08-12-2012

Oh, what a shame your move has gotten off to such a bad start. Take care of yourselves and hopefully you will be back on the road soon.

Re: Update on our move - Cubangirl - 08-12-2012

Hope you are back on the road now and on the way to your new home.

Re: Update on our move - Roxanne 21 - 08-13-2012

Maybe all the BAD is behind you----look at it this way, it can only get BETTER!!!! GOOD LUCK for the remainder of your journey! Stay positive.....

Re: Update on our move - Lorraine - 08-13-2012

Talk about Murphy's Law! Here's hoping the rest of your trip is less evnetful!

Re: Update on our move - Harborwitch - 08-13-2012

Denise I hope you guys are home or almost home! I tried to wait to have my gimlet with you - but if I drink slowly . . .! Here's to joining us all in the great Northwest!