Cuisine at home Forums
Help! Please! Thank you! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Help! Please! Thank you! (/showthread.php?tid=139428)

Help! Please! Thank you! - Harborwitch - 08-13-2012

One of our work camper couples left and gave us a cherry tomato plant that is like on steroids. I've got cherry tomatoes comin' out of my ears. I was wondering if the candied cherry tomato recipe is on here somewhere or if someone knows what issue (hopefully newer than 10/2010). I tried searching and couldn't find it.

Re: Help! Please! Thank you! - Gourmet_Mom - 08-13-2012

It's posted here, Sharon. Cherry Tomatoes

LOVE this recipe!

Re: Help! Please! Thank you! - Harborwitch - 08-13-2012

Thank you soooooo much! On the menu!

Went to the thread . . . Billy and 75 Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs left! Made me smile a sad smile.

Re: Help! Please! Thank you! - labradors - 08-13-2012

It's part of a complete recipe originally available HERE, but also posted in a couple of forum threads.

The page linked above also includes a photo of the candying.

Re: Help! Please! Thank you! - losblanos1 - 08-13-2012

I just tried a search and came up empty. No help at all.

You know Labs, I'm finding you're right about doing a Google search for these things really IS faster! This one was second on the list! I think I'm going to do just that from now on.

Blane we are blessed to have Daphne & Labs! I just used the last of my red wine vinegar Sunday. Shoot!

Wonder if white would work! I bet white balsamic would give you the same flavor.

Well I just happen to have a bottle of white and red balsamic. Hmmm. I've got enough of the little buggers to try it and re-try it. LOL

Sharon, now that I think about it, the white may be too sweet with all that sugar. I might start with the red. Those little tomatoes tend to be sweet, too.

BTW, if this recipe I'm trying tonight turns out as good as I think it is, you can use some in it. The original for 20 servings calls for 4 cups tomatoes. I halved everything except the dressing ingredients.