Cuisine at home Forums
Should have posted this earlier but.... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Should have posted this earlier but.... (/showthread.php?tid=139651)

Should have posted this earlier but.... - Cubangirl - 08-16-2012

I love Julia Child and always watched her show. Anyway I think this is great.
Julia Child Remix

6 and 9 are my favorites:

“The young hostess should be advised never to say anything about what she serves, in the way of 'Oh, I don't know how to cook, and this may be awful,' or 'poor little me,' or 'this didn't turn out'... etc. etc. It is so dreadful to have to reassure one's hostess that everything is delicious, whether or not it is. I make it a rule, no matter what happens, never to say one word, though it kills me. Maybe the cat has fallen in the stew, or I have put the lettuce out the window and it has frozen, or the meat is not quite done ... Grit one's teeth and smile.” - January 19, 1953, in a letter to Avis

“The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude.”

“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.”

“Learn how to cook - try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all, have fun.”

“I think careful cooking is love, don't you? The loveliest thing you can cook for someone who's close to you is about as nice a Valentine as you can give.”

"I think every woman should have a blowtorch."

"Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake."

“Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?" Happy birthday, Julia!

"The only time to eat diet food is when you're waiting for the steaks to cook."

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - farnfam - 08-17-2012

I love that!

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - cjs - 08-17-2012

No way would I mention the cat fell in the stew................

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - iBcookin - 08-17-2012

Love the "what-the-hell attitude." While the girls grew up with Sarah Moulton, I grew up with Julia and Jacques on PBS. What a classic she was and probably had to have that attitude in her time!

Happy Birthday Julia! (BTW, I texted that to Chels first thing that morning!)

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - Gourmet_Mom - 08-17-2012

That is too cool! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - BarbaraS - 08-17-2012

ROTFLMAO! I still remember her shows, just not much of them.

Barbara

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - labradors - 08-17-2012

Quote:

“The best way to execute French cooking is to get good and loaded and whack the hell out of a chicken. Bon appétit.”

Wouldn't the proper way to execute French cooking be with a guillotine?

Re: Should have posted this earlier but.... - Mare749 - 08-17-2012

Love Julia! Thank's for posting this, Alina.