Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? (/showthread.php?tid=140098)

What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - cjs - 08-26-2012

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm still cooking from the ***** recipes from M.C. - today is Toasted Quinoa with Chiles and Corn and Grilled Halilbut in Sweet Chili Thai sauce. (Sharon and Erin both have made this one according to my notes)

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Trixxee - 08-26-2012

Pantry cooking today - linguine with clam sauce.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - BarbaraS - 08-26-2012

Three Cheese and Spinach Manicotti from the first Cuisine For Two book.

Barbara

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2012

Pizza! I'm trying out the new griddle today! I'll go back to Jean's grill method and run the instructions through the paces. I've planned a Tuffle Pizza with mozzarella (sadly no truffle cheese), mushrooms, spinach, bacon and green onions and a traditional all meat version.

Jean, the pan came preseasoned. Do I need to do anything extra from your directions since it's new?

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - cjs - 08-26-2012

Wow, Daphne, I've never had a preseasoned anything before - I don't think. Now, if mine was indeed preseasoned, No, I didn't do anything special....

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Mare749 - 08-26-2012

Daphne, only my opinion, but I would still oil the pan. I got my daughter the pre-seasoned dutch oven and she was a bit disappointed with the so-called seasoning.

All this talk about pizza got me craving, so I have Jean's Neopolitan pizza dough rising now. One will be a Margherita pizza, and the other one may end up being a copycat of Daphne's yummy sounding pizza.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - losblanos1 - 08-26-2012

We ended up grilling steak last night, so tonight will be the Black Bean/ Chicken Enchiladas with salsa verde and corn salsa. The dinner that I planned for tonight is moved to tomorrow. I'll be back into the pizza making next week, my wife secretly ordered me a new pizza stone.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-26-2012

Thank, Maryann. Better safe than sorry.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - cjs - 08-26-2012

I don't know, Daphne. If you use cornmeal for the pizza 'ballbearings' I wouldn't want oil on the griddle. I have to disagree with Maryann on this one.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/26?? - Old Bay - 08-26-2012

Leftovers!!!!