Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? (/showthread.php?tid=140141)

What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - cjs - 08-27-2012

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

Decided to allow the fish to marinate overnight, so didn't have the Halibut (I'm using P.Cod) with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce. Had stuffed bells instead with watermelon and honeydew - best of the season!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - karyn - 08-27-2012

We're having the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich with bacon and smoked cheese from one of the Cuisine Tonight issues. The only change I'm making is we're using smoked Gouda rather than smoked mozzarella, 'cuz that's what I have. They sound delicious, so I'm looking forward to it!

I'll serve some grilled broccolini and grilled eggplant with the sandwiches.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - Trixxee - 08-27-2012

I'm making mongolian beef from one of the weeknight issues. It calls for broccolini but I'm using asparagus, mushrooms and carrots 'cuz that's what I have.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - Mare749 - 08-27-2012

Well, we had a pizza disaster on the grill yesterday and had to throw the pizza out. Such a bummer, they looked sooo good! So, trying again, but today will be baking in the oven on the pizza stone under MY watchful eye.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - cjs - 08-27-2012

What happened, Maryann??

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - Roxanne 21 - 08-27-2012

Did a garlic chicken, broccoli and farfalle----good stand-by for a VERY BUSY, CRAZY day

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - Gourmet_Mom - 08-27-2012

What Jean said, Maryann.

Forgot my dinner...LOL! William brought home a leftover tenderloin from the camp Saturday. When I offered to slice it and freeze it, he said he wanted to have them today.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - losblanos1 - 08-27-2012

Karyn that sandwich is really good, the bacon is delicious.

Tonight I'm making Gordon Ramseys pressed pork belly with a pan sauce (it's actually done, I just have to pop it in the oven to finish). My sides are baked potato confit and asparagus.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - cjs - 08-27-2012

sounds good, Blane.

Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 8/27?? - BarbaraS - 08-27-2012

Roxanne,

I did that Ina Garten Perfect Roast Chicken last Saturday, and it was Da Bomb! Only outdone by the Butterflied High Crisp Chicken over Potatoes from America's Test Kitchen. Ina's recipe is a LOT easier. And tastier.

Barbara