Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? (/showthread.php?tid=140581)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - cjs - 09-06-2012

What's on the menu for today?

Lot of baking to do today, so don't know what we'll have that is fast.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - Trixxee - 09-06-2012

If I can get to the store in the next hour or so, I'd like to make a pot roast in the crockpot (cream of mushroom soup/onion soup mix), with mashed potatoes and peas.

I'm just waiting for my first ever attempt at the 18 hour bread to finish up in the oven.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - Mare749 - 09-06-2012

Trixxee, that's too funny! Exactly what I'm making for dinner! Ron just loves that and I invited my dad over because there is nothing better than a good pot roast and homemade bread, in his opinion.

Good luck with the bread. I'm going to play with mine now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - cjs - 09-06-2012

I've been following the saga, Trixxee - I think you will be amazed at how easy it is for you!!!

Well, freezer diving paid off today - we're going to have Snow Crab Leg clusters with a crab louis salad (sans the crab...) I go back and forth on dressings for this salad, so I did make up thousand isl and the louis dressing both to test side by side.

We'll just put some bibs on and dig into the crab legs!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - Trixxee - 09-06-2012

The bread turned out great (and I swear it could not have been any easier). The whole thing couldn't have cost more than 50 cents. Nice.

Now this is funny Maryann - now I'm not making the pot roast as it was $4.99/lb (and I have two in the freezer that I bought for half that so the roast will have to wait until next week) This is the funny part- I called Tony from the store and said we're going to have to come up with Plan B. I guess he had been looking at the Cuisine for Two book and he said how about this bbq glazed meatloaf and smashed potatoes?

I will remember your notes for it in the other thread this afternoon.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - Mare749 - 09-06-2012

I hope you like it! We thought it was really tasty.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - losblanos1 - 09-06-2012

Mmmmm... pot roast and meatloaf, classic comfort foods, and Jean, you had me at crab legs, that sounds so perfect for a day like today.

From the new Cuisine for Two; Caprese Steak Stacks with sides of Apple-Cabbage Slaw and asparagus. I'm also cooking some chicken tortilla soup for my wife to take on her ladies retreat this weekend.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - cjs - 09-06-2012

There is just something wrong with this picture.... I'm busy baking 200+ miniature tarts for tomorrow, so this a.m. I'm thinking what can I throw together for a quick and easy mid-day dinner......
[Image: SnowCrabLegswgreensalad.jpg]

Snow Crab Leg clusters with a Crab(less) Louis salad. Oh my, did we pig out!!!!!!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - BarbaraS - 09-06-2012

What's wrong with the pic? It looks lovely and doesn't expand my screen with a horizontal bar. What a beautiful pic! There's a salad...

But wait, only one cluster of crab claws... ? Where's the melted butter... ? Weapons of Mass Crab Destruction?? The fifty steamed clammies on the side... Who needs a salad.. ?

Barbara

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 9/6?? - karyn - 09-06-2012

I finally am home, not tutoring, and not too tired to post....we had an old family favorite--sauteed steak with garlic, white wine, and rosemary. I know it sounds weird, but it really works. I served it with brown rice pilaf out of a box and roasted asparagus.