Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? (/showthread.php?tid=141595)

What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - cjs - 09-30-2012

What's on the menu for today for everyone?

We're having a pizza and bubbly brunch - haven't done this for a while. I have two (probably last) San Marzano tomatoes and some sausage, so with some onion & basil that'll be our pizza.

Later, we're having first of the steaks and frites (grilled).

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-30-2012

William is making me Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch. Dinner will probably be fillet mignon and the Tomato Dressing and a salad.

I think I need to go back to the doctor. This Zpack is soooooo not working at all. In three days, it hasn't made a dent in it. I guess I have had it often enough over the years, it has quit working? What I do know is I'm sick of this!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Trixxee - 09-30-2012

Trying to make grilled chicken El Pollo Loco style. Cut up a whole chicken and it's been marinating since yesterday afternoon. I'll make some of the spanish/mexican rice I made last week and some pinto beans. The end product will be tacos or burritos.

We should have plenty of leftovers for a busy Monday night.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Mare749 - 09-30-2012

I'm making Turkey Sausage & Spinach Orecchiette, a recipe that I saw in another magazine.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Harborwitch - 09-30-2012

I have some pork country ribs. I think I'll brown them off and add beer, onions, kraut, and caraway seeds and let them simmer. I work this afternoon so I think this will work. Corn bread on the side.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - cjs - 09-30-2012

I'm tired of the crappy sauerkraut I've been getting - even the so-called good stuff, so I'm going to make some. I haven't done it since we left California, so it is time!

The pizza was sure good this a.m. And, we raised our glasses to my oldest, bestest, kahlua-drinking friend's b'day today - Coleenie. Some of you met her at the last party on the hill. Ooops, I think that was only Sharon now...Billy was there.

[Image: SanMarzonoSausagepizza.jpg]

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Harborwitch - 09-30-2012

I remember Jean!

That pizza is beautiful!

Our dinner plans are changing. We both have to work, and no telling when Bob will get off work - they are doing the greens (aerifying, sanding, and verticuting) They will work as long as there is light - and start at the crack of dawn again tomorrow.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - Gourmet_Mom - 09-30-2012

Poor Bob!

Yummy looking pizza, Jean! William pointed to my pan just today and said it was about time to use it again....LOL!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - losblanos1 - 09-30-2012

Beautiful picture Jean, that is a delicious looking pizza!

Tonight I'm making the Chile Colorado Burritos, except I'm using chicken breast and I'm cooking it on the stove top (not in a crockpot). It's simmering right now, and I have to say, this house smells like a Mexican restaurant! Thanks again Trixxee for the recipe.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 9/30?? - cjs - 09-30-2012

Everybody to Blane's house!!!