Cuisine at home Forums
Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad (/showthread.php?tid=141627)

Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - cjs - 10-01-2012

The Leftover 'queen' is at it again...

A lot of us probably do something like this already, but I find if I don't write it down, I go in a complete different direction with the next leftovers - even when I have so enjoyed a l/o dish.

It is so hard to grill a small enough quantity of veggies (for me anyway!), so today I tossed them into a salad for later. With these flavors, the salad should be served room temperature for maximum flavor.

Grilled Vegetable Salad w/Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette

[Image: GrilledVegeSaladwVinaigretteOct1.jpg]

Leftover grilled vegetables: potatoes, bell peppers, onions, squash, celery, just about anything
Vinaigrette:
2 T. red vinegar or balsamic
2 tsps. Dijon mustard or mustard powder
2 tsps. extra-virgin olive oil

Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together and toss with the cold leftover grilled vegetables which have been cut into bite-size pieces. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature for maximum flavor.

Note: (1) Makes approx. 1/4 cup; enough for approx. 2 cups veggies - 1/4 cup = 135 cal.
(2) I like to use white balsamic vinegar for looks, but either works

--------

Can we get some more ideas for our leftovers being turned into another dish - I'm not thinking complex dishes, just something to make leftovers shine!!

P.S. Wow, just noticed I'm at 21,999 posts for heaven's sake.

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Roxanne 21 - 10-01-2012

Some of us are just BLABBERMOUTHS!!!! You are a GREAT one though---keep it up, Jean----you make this forum the great place that it is!!! THANK YOU

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - cjs - 10-01-2012

We have fun, don't we??

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Roxanne 21 - 10-01-2012

YUPPP!!

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Gourmet_Mom - 10-01-2012

I think so!

The only thing I got right now is the idea that hit me the other day. William doesn't like fajitas that well, so I decided to use leftover London Broil in a Taco Salad. I'm going to grind it, finish cooking, add some of your spice blend, and use leftover salad. Not a lot left to shop for. I usually have tomatoes and onions hanging around for pico de gallo....even if I have to use canned for salsa. Always have cheese, sour cream and tortillas. Only thing I need is avocado. Cheap meal!

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Mare749 - 10-01-2012

Leftover roasted veggies make a delicious pureed soup. Add some chicken broth and a pinch of curry powder. Top with croutons made from leftover bread.

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - cjs - 10-02-2012

Well, now two ideas I'm going to have to play with. I never thought of pureeing the veggies, Maryann. And, anything Mexican, Daphne, you know me.

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - Mare749 - 10-02-2012

It's good with cheese sprinkled on top, too. Of course, bacon is even better.

Almost forgot, I have used l/o roasted veggies in a quiche. Only use a cup or so, and cut into smaller pieces.

Re: Leftover: Grilled Veggie Salad - cjs - 10-02-2012

Oh yes - quiche or frittatas - l/o veggies are great for.