Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=141717)

What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - cjs - 10-03-2012

What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having a potato and pesto pizza, nothing fancy but the flavors sound good.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Harborwitch - 10-03-2012

I have to work . . . but told Chad I needed to be home by 5 for a hot date with 2 guys (Bob & Jeff) I think I'll whip up a meat loaf and maybe rosemary scalloped potatoes.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - karyn - 10-03-2012

Pizza night here, too. I think BBQ Chicken, 'cuz I can do that without stopping at the store on the way home.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-03-2012

I roasted some chicken breasts. I will have one tonight with a salad (ASPARAGUS Caesar). The others will be diced--one for the calzones and the other for a recipe that was sent to me by my IT guy---I will make that and invite him for dinner sometime next week----It does not look too promising but he seems to be really interested --don't know why....kind of complicated and I think he is testing me

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Trixxee - 10-03-2012

Smoked brisket/bbq sliders and I'm not sure what else yet. If the corn looks good, corn on the cob. Perhaps coleslaw. Perhaps baked french fries. Just don't know yet.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Mare749 - 10-03-2012

I made Italian Wedding Soup since I did not make the ribollita yesterday. Oh my, it turned out so good!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - farnfam - 10-03-2012

Who thinks this will be perfect for Fall?

http://thebittenword.typepad.com/thebittenword/2009/09/pork-chops-with-bacon-and-cabbage.html

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-03-2012

That looks really tasty and perfect for fall---we have a never ending winter here so I could do this as well (meaning it should be almost summer). I do have a problem with pork chops though---they always seem to be tough and tasteless---I think I will try this with brining first?

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - Lorraine - 10-03-2012

Quote:

they always seem to be tough and tasteless

I always had problem with pork chops. Now I season them, brown them well, and finish in the oven. Always tasty and tender.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 10/3/12?? - cjs - 10-03-2012

Yes to brining modern day pork!!! (1 qt. water to 1/4 cup kosher salt & 2 T. each: granulated sugar + brown sugar. Brine for 2 to 4 hours; rinse thoroughly and go on with recipe.)

Geez, Cis, I just told Roy NO MORE CABBAGE FOR A WHILE!! This does look good.