Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=141794)

T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - cjs - 10-05-2012

Got it correct today! What's on the menu for eveyone today?

I'm redoing a couple of recipes to make them healthier - the potato pesto pizza (which Roy claims is his favorite ever pizza!) and a stir-fry sauce for veggie. Why is miso so calorie laden?????

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - luvnit - 10-05-2012

Cheating and having frozen Chicken Piccata from Sam's club. It is really good. I like it because it's really great tasting, AND it does NOT have the noodles already in it. I don't like most pasta dishes with the noodles already in it.

I just heat the saucey chicken and boil my own linguine. Yum.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - karyn - 10-05-2012

Freezer diving tonight...I have some sausage and jalapeno chili that just needs to be thawed, and I'll make some jalapeno cheddar cornbread to go with it. I like easy on a Friday night!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - Trixxee - 10-05-2012

Yes, TGIF! I can actually cook something real tonight. Chicken Diane, ASPARAGUS, and because I'm sick of rice and pasta, stuffing (Stove Top - we love it). I guess that's not really real though. LOL.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-05-2012

I have just taken the calzones (spinach, chicken, boursin, asiago ---but I replace with parmesan---even though I could purchase asiago and artichoke hearts) out of the oven--they are resting and smell absolutely AWESOME!! I think a sauce may be called for here but I will comment on that after I devour what may be a possible winner! LATER!!!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - BarbaraS - 10-05-2012

Leftover Macs N Cheese fried up.

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-05-2012

The calzones are to die for!!! The filling is nice and moist with just the right amount of each ingredient. It does need a sauce though---I think the smokey tomato sauce would be a great accompaniment. I did a simple EVOO with minced fresh basil and served a side of plum tomatoes. I will definitely do this again---for me. Peter will not be a fan even though he would be good sport and try it.

I had a problem with my dough though. I made my usual Neopolitan "real deal" recipe. It was not rising after 4 hours sooooo I put it outside because the weather was so beautiful and warm (I would normally place in a very low warm oven). Anyway----YUPPPP----a very thick, hard crust developed and the dough itself was a liquidy YUKKKK. THERE GOES MY CALZONES!!! Googled a quick easy recipe and found one that can be accomplished in 15 minutes---it was PERFECT!!! All's well that ends well--and yummy!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - BarbaraS - 10-05-2012

Recipe please? For all the ingredients within the calzone, too?

Barbara

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - cjs - 10-05-2012

a calzone dough ready in 15 minutes, Roxanne? Care to share? Glad it worked out for you.

I reworked the pizza to my satisfaction and I'm going to post it separately in case we have any suggestions (additions) or comments on it.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 10/5/12?? - losblanos1 - 10-05-2012

Steak night, grilled NY strips with tomato gastrique and a side of asparagus.

Barbara, here's what's inside the calzone.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post141443