Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=142123)

What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - cjs - 10-11-2012

What's on the menu for all?

Don't know for sure yet.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - Trixxee - 10-11-2012

Leftover chicken tortellini soup from Tuesday. I'm hoping there's a 1/2 baguette hiding in my freezer so I don't have to go to the store. If not, I have some frozen naan. I'm not picky about which bread product I have with soup.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - farnfam - 10-11-2012

Pea soup and pepper jack grilled sandwiches oh and the bread from the crockpot if it turns out

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - Mare749 - 10-11-2012

We will want to hear more about that, Cis.

I made a big pot of old-fashioned beef stew so that I could have my dad over for dinner tonight and send him home with a couple of containers for the freezer. I also made two loaves of homestyle bread, one to have with dinner and one to send home with him. Oh, and old-fashioned apple crisp for dessert.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - luvnit - 10-11-2012

I am making a very old recipe, Sicilian Meat Roll. Basicially an Italian flavored meatloaf stuffed with ham and Mozzarella. We used to make this for company a lot. With a baked Fettucini Alfredo, pull apart loaf, and salad.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - Roxanne 21 - 10-11-2012

I did the sweet onion bisque----WOW!!! How easy to make and great flavors!! The only addition I had was a bit of garlic powder---------bounced the taste a bit.

I did not do the brie sandwich---but I did do an
Emmenthaler---------perfect dinner for an incredibly dismal day! Not having a great time with the projects I planned while Peter is away---

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - losblanos1 - 10-11-2012

The girls are coming over tonight, so it's comfort food.
Meatloaf muffins, Goat cheese/chive mashed potatoes and asparagus.

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - cjs - 10-11-2012

If for nothing else, it would be nice for Peter to be with you for moral support...knockers up - you will survive and overcome!!! You are WOMAN, woman.

I made the darndest soup today and it was really good!!
1 can Progresso Light Beef Pot Roast Soup
3/4 can of refried beans (saved a little for a breakfast burrito treat tomorrow a.m.)
1 can Black Beans
~2/3 cup of leftover grain mixture.

It was a nice thick wintry soup and we sure enjoyed it - but, this is waIting for us for later. My neighbor mentioned the chocolate pie his mother used to make for him and do you think I could get that darn thing out of my mind????

[Image: chocolatepieOct1112.jpg]

No whipped cream or meringue and it's a low-cal, low-fat thing, BUT IT'S A CHOCOLATE PIE!!

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - pjcooks - 10-11-2012

Well, a mish mash. In my fridge, stuff that needed to be used immediately: grilled asparagus with sea salt and lemon zest, the rest of my grape tomatoes, 1 pork chop, ciligienne, some steamed pea pods, a tiny bit of grated Peccorino and some fresh oregano. And one pizza crust (Jean's) pulled from the freezer.

In the oven now.

Sounds good (and frugal) to me!

PJ

Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 10/11/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-11-2012

Tonight is Baby Girl's Birthday Dinner: Pioneer Woman's New York Chopped Salad (15 ingredients individualized and chopped just for you), twice baked potatoes, and fillet mignon with balsamic reduction.