Cuisine at home Forums
Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=142994)

Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - cjs - 10-31-2012

What's for spooky night dinner??

I'm so not very exciting right now - I was in the middle of something yesterday, so Roy picked up a Subway for us. We'll have the chili pasta today.

And, I'm making 3 pizza doughs....wonder if we'll get tired of pizza this time around.

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - luvnit - 10-31-2012

I don't know what to have. This is sort of an anniversary for us and I would like to make something easy AND special. Of course I am at a loss right now, and no good ideas are coming to me. I hope to get some inspiration from others!

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - cjs - 10-31-2012

What do you have on hand, Laura - we can put together a dinner for you!!!

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - esgunn - 10-31-2012

Our usual Pre-trickortreat meal. Take and bake pizza.

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - Trixxee - 10-31-2012

If we are feeling better and up to it, I'm looking at the balsamic-glazed chicken with baby greens polenta from the Quick & Easy Menu book. However I won't be making the polenta - I don't have anything on hand for that. I'd have to sub another starch.

The chicken looks super easy to make.

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - farnfam - 10-31-2012

Ovenfried Swai fish, zucchini fritters and mango salsa. That using everything in the fridge that needs to be used before shopping tomorrow

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - luvnit - 10-31-2012

Quote:

What do you have on hand, Laura - we can put together a dinner for you!!!

Darn, that would have been fun!

I found a C@H recipe for Authentic Hungarian Goulash in the Soups book. So I went out to get the makings for that. I can make it and have it ready when the trick or treaters come back from their roundsSmile

(I also made another batch of that Trisha Yearwood's Chicken Tortilla Soup. I just can't get it out of my mind!)

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 10-31-2012

Tonight is church night, so we'll be eating up leftovers.

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - Harborwitch - 10-31-2012

I am going to roast a chicken - thinking a "buffalo" baste, Potato & Fennel Gratin, and a simple salad with blue cheese dressing.

I just finished making a bunch of "Eat Your Heart Out Brownies" cake pops. Next is a Bourbon Ganache.

Re: Halloween Dinner, 10/31/12?? - losblanos1 - 10-31-2012

I'll be grillin' in the rain again tonight- Cubano burgers with tater tots or French fries.