Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? (/showthread.php?tid=143534)

What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - cjs - 11-11-2012

What's on the menu for all today??

I'm so tired of picking at food since Thursday, that I'm so looking forward to thawing a steak and have it ready for tomorrow and maybe some fries after all the talk of potatoes.

Yesterday went really well at the Autumn Festival Wine Tour - lots and lots of people. I didn't take pictures because it really wasn't a pretty set up - just paper plates with small portions on them. But all the food was good!!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Trixxee - 11-11-2012

Glad it went well and it's over!

I'm making Madison Park Pork Medallions. I think I might make some noodles with a few frozen peas thrown in and a green salad. Or I might skip the noodles and make garlic bread.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Harborwitch - 11-11-2012

We have 17 lbs of pork in the smoker. I'm not sure what else we're having with it. I think cornbread and possibly 3 bean salad. Just conjecture at this point. Maybe some gratined potatoes.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - losblanos1 - 11-11-2012

Tonight I'm cooking a recipe from the Celebrate the Rain cookbook- Chicken with apple, cranberry and bacon with a side of julienned carrots (I'm too lazy to go to the store and buy asparagus).

It sounds like a fun time Jean, and speaking of paper plates, this is why I use them for large gatherings. This pile would have been twice as big!

[Image: Dirtydishes1.jpg]

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - cjs - 11-11-2012

My sink has looked like that quite often, too!! I'll be darned, we have twin K.A.s and chafers....

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Mare749 - 11-11-2012

Family dinner out today. Since our girls are so busy during the week, they decided to celebrate Ron's birthday today.(it's actually on Tuesday) So, the whole family is going to Famous Dave's BBQ for dinner. They get great reviews, so fingers crossed!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - farnfam - 11-11-2012

Looks like it is going to be this: http://www.thefamilyfoodie.com/2011/06/angel-hair-pasta-with-lemon-shrimp-and-spinach.html
I plan to tweak this by adding in a little ginger and making the sauce extra cream and lemony
It's been so nice out we walked yesterday and today it was lovely

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Mare749 - 11-11-2012

Isn't it just gorgeous, Cis? We just got back from a very long walk in the park. Will be leaving in a few minutes for Ron's birthday dinner.

Your dinner sounds yummy!

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - Gourmet_Mom - 11-11-2012

Let me know how it turns out, Cis! It sounds really good.

Oddly enough, we're having a lemony dinner, too! BG is home again. I like her new job! She works from here at least once a week! She picked out Chicken Picatta.

Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 11/11/12?? - farnfam - 11-11-2012

Quick update, that was a wonderfully flavorful dish! The added ginger was perfect for a little kick. Very very good a solid 9
Will make again for sure