Cuisine at home Forums
Why can't folks be on time!? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Why can't folks be on time!? (/showthread.php?tid=144864)

Why can't folks be on time!? - DFen911 - 12-17-2012

I asked our guests what time would be good for them to be here because their schedules are harder. She says we are going to be there at 4:30! I said great, just needed to know to time the roast is all.

So the roast comes out to rest at 5:15. She just called, they are running late because he wanted to go to one more store to look for some new shoes.

I am so drinking the wine! Etiquette be d@mned. I mean come on she knows I am timing dinner here and a nice one at that. So much the appys ts gonna be hi good to see ya now sit down for dinner. Arg!

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - DFen911 - 12-17-2012

*sigh* now they just called to tell me they have to stop for gas and pick up dog food.

Waiter check please!

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-17-2012

Oh my! How rude!

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - Trixxee - 12-17-2012

Good grief - what the hell?

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - Mare749 - 12-18-2012

Oh Denise, I hope this didn't ruin your evening! You worked so hard to plan a really nice meal for these people. They are just plain rude. I'm so sorry they disappointed you.

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - DFen911 - 12-18-2012

Well dinner was great, unfortunately because they were gonna be late I left the roast in for 15 min longer than I should. It was medium all the way thru but very tasty.

I have learned that these folks are on their own time clock and next time will be something simple like hamburgers I can throw on when they show. They just left, so I have a fresh glass of wine and gonna set up camp and veg out

Thank you guys for letting me vent!

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - Old Bay - 12-18-2012

I agree, but being early, especially for a large party is just as bad!! I have told people "entertain yourselves while we finish getting the food out!!"

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - luvnit - 12-18-2012

I know I would be on time if someone was going to cook for me! That is just so inconsiderate.

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - cjs - 12-18-2012

Denise, we have to talk about how I learned from "Julia" the best way to hold a roast for over an hour!!!

Rude darn people. So, did you learn the reason for no wine for them??

Re: Why can't folks be on time!? - Trixxee - 12-18-2012

Quote:

I know I would be on time if someone was going to cook for me! That is just so inconsiderate.

Me too - even if it was hamburgers and hot dogs, nevermind a super expensive meal! I hope they appreciated it, Denise.